Managing layout / page print possible ?
Author Message
 Managing layout / page print possible ?

Hi,
some of my ASP pages are generated to be printed.

As the "height" of the HTML page is more than one print page, IExplorer
prints everything it can on each page.
My problem is that it doesn't cut the page correctly.
Some lines are printed on 2 pages : the top part of letters on the bottom of
a page, and the bottom part of letters, on the top of the next page ! ;-(

Anybody knows how to insert intelligent page break ?

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:27:27 GMT
 Managing layout / page print possible ?

page-break-before Attribute | pageBreakBefore Property
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi,
> some of my ASP pages are generated to be printed.

> As the "height" of the HTML page is more than one print page, IExplorer
> prints everything it can on each page.
> My problem is that it doesn't cut the page correctly.
> Some lines are printed on 2 pages : the top part of letters on the bottom of
> a page, and the bottom part of letters, on the top of the next page ! ;-(

> Anybody knows how to insert intelligent page break ?

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 06:34:39 GMT
 Managing layout / page print possible ?
Thanks Michael,

I know those properties, but unfortunatly they don't fit my needs.
Example : my ASP page extracts 2000 lines and generates 2000 table rows.
I wouldn't like to calculate where I have to insert  pagebreakbefore.

But if I don't do it, when printing, InternetExplorer will consider the
document as if it were an image that can be splitted anywhere :-(

page-break-before Attribute | pageBreakBefore Property
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/...
akbefore.asp

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi,
> some of my ASP pages are generated to be printed.

> As the "height" of the HTML page is more than one print page, IExplorer
> prints everything it can on each page.
> My problem is that it doesn't cut the page correctly.
> Some lines are printed on 2 pages : the top part of letters on the bottom
of
> a page, and the bottom part of letters, on the top of the next page ! ;-(

> Anybody knows how to insert intelligent page break ?

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 15:56:54 GMT

1. How to change IE4.0 print layout with HTML page

2. How to change IE4.0 print layout with HTML page

3. is it possible to manage broswer frames in vbscript

4. Help:Printing Cystal Report to a print file without file layout

5. Help:Printing Cystal Report to a print file without file layout

6. (Q) Possible to choose pages when printing .ps

7. Page Layout in a Report

8. How to force initial page layout info for reports

9. Report page layout at runtime !!!

10. Change page layout options with VBA

11. page layout view and styles

12. import asp page layout into VB.net?