How can I Read-Write remote registry
Author Message
 How can I Read-Write remote registry

Hi, All

I'm need of change Registry value on remoted Win NT computer.
Can I use VBScript for it? What library can I use?

Thanks. Alex

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:28:24 GMT
 How can I Read-Write remote registry
If both machines are running WMI 1.5 *and* you in the Administrators group on the remote machine,
you can use WMI's Standard Registry Provider.  You can also use the MS RegObj.dll registry component
to access remote registries...

'=====
' StdRegProv
' http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/wmisdk/regprovref_6yie.htm
'=====

set objRegistry = GetObject("winmgmts://RemoteMachineName/root/default:StdRegProv")

You can get RegObj.dll from:

Visual Basic - Add-Ins, Wizards & Utilities [registered VB owners]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/downloads/addon.asp

or

Win32 Scripting [Clarence Washington]
http://cwashington.netreach.net/main_site/downloads

or on the companion CD that comes with "Windows Script Host 2.0 Developer's Guide" from Microsoft
Press.

Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi, All

> I'm need of change Registry value on remoted Win NT computer.
> Can I use VBScript for it? What library can I use?

> Thanks. Alex

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:02:03 GMT
 How can I Read-Write remote registry
1. I don't undestant how registrate that WMI provider. Do you send me any
templates? :))
2. But I got StdRegProv. It's OK.

Thanks. Alex

Quote:
> If both machines are running WMI 1.5 *and* you in the Administrators group

on the remote machine,
Quote:
> you can use WMI's Standard Registry Provider.  You can also use the MS

RegObj.dll registry component
Quote:
> to access remote registries...

> '=====
> ' StdRegProv
> ' http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/wmisdk/regprovref_6yie.htm
> '=====

> set objRegistry =

GetObject("winmgmts://RemoteMachineName/root/default:StdRegProv")

> You can get RegObj.dll from:

> Visual Basic - Add-Ins, Wizards & Utilities [registered VB owners]
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/downloads/addon.asp

> or

> Win32 Scripting [Clarence Washington]
> http://cwashington.netreach.net/main_site/downloads

> or on the companion CD that comes with "Windows Script Host 2.0

Developer's Guide" from Microsoft
Quote:
> Press.

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

Quote:
> > Hi, All

> > I'm need of change Registry value on remoted Win NT computer.
> > Can I use VBScript for it? What library can I use?

> > Thanks. Alex

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:01:53 GMT
 How can I Read-Write remote registry

Quote:

> 1. I don't undestant how registrate that WMI provider. Do you send me any
> templates? :))
> 2. But I got StdRegProv. It's OK.

I don't understand the question???

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 23:22:37 GMT
 How can I Read-Write remote registry
The resource kit has a util that will allow this.

Quote:
> Hi, All

> I'm need of change Registry value on remoted Win NT computer.
> Can I use VBScript for it? What library can I use?

> Thanks. Alex

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 01:55:51 GMT
 How can I Read-Write remote registry
I'm sorry Michael. My English is bad.
I was reading WMI help
================
Registering the Registry Provider
Because the Registry Provider is not registered automatically with WMI as
part of the WMI installation process, applications wanting to use it must
complete the registration. An application registers the Registry Provider by
creating a Managed Object Format (MOF) file with instances of registration
classes and then either compiling it as a stand-alone file or including it
at the top of an application-specific MOF file. The application-specific MOF
file contains the classes and instances used to access the registry data.

================
I'm not undestood this help.
Then, I wrote code in VBA project as you says but I don't seek a library
where defined StdRegProv.

Sub mysub()
  Dim reg As ?????? > What library define this type
                     ==========================
  Set reg = GetObject("winmgmts://my_computer/root/default:StdRegProv")
  Set reg = Nothing
End Sub

Please send me what library reference define this object. Where can I read
about method Read and Write a registry?

Quote:
> > 1. I don't undestant how registrate that WMI provider. Do you send me
any
> > templates? :))
> > 2. But I got StdRegProv. It's OK.

> I don't understand the question???

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 06:46:47 GMT
 How can I Read-Write remote registry
I don't think there is a typelib for you to reference from a VB project _ at least, if there is, I
don't know where it is or how to reference it ;-)...

To start just Dim ... As Object

I don't understand the docs you referred to either, but I didn't do anything special on any of the
machines where I have WMI 1.5 installed in order to use StdRegProv.

StdRegProv (documentation)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/wmisdk/regprovref_6yie.htm

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I'm sorry Michael. My English is bad.
> I was reading WMI help
> ================
> Registering the Registry Provider
> Because the Registry Provider is not registered automatically with WMI as
> part of the WMI installation process, applications wanting to use it must
> complete the registration. An application registers the Registry Provider by
> creating a Managed Object Format (MOF) file with instances of registration
> classes and then either compiling it as a stand-alone file or including it
> at the top of an application-specific MOF file. The application-specific MOF
> file contains the classes and instances used to access the registry data.

> ================
> I'm not undestood this help.
> Then, I wrote code in VBA project as you says but I don't seek a library
> where defined StdRegProv.

> Sub mysub()
>   Dim reg As ?????? > What library define this type
>                      ==========================
>   Set reg = GetObject("winmgmts://my_computer/root/default:StdRegProv")
>   Set reg = Nothing
> End Sub

> Please send me what library reference define this object. Where can I read
> about method Read and Write a registry?

> > > 1. I don't undestant how registrate that WMI provider. Do you send me
> any
> > > templates? :))
> > > 2. But I got StdRegProv. It's OK.

> > I don't understand the question???

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > --

> > Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> > --

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 08:55:06 GMT

1. Runtime Error 105

2. I need an object-pascal manual

3. Writing a VBS file which reads and writes to the registry

4. Read a value in a remote registry

5. WMI remote read registry??

6. Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?

7. Reading registry info from a remote machine

8. Read Remote Registry

9. reading a remote registry

10. Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?

11. Reading Remote Registry

12. reading remote registry