Passing Web Pages as a Body in an email
Author Message
 Passing Web Pages as a Body in an email

I want to pass another web page as the body of an email so that the recipent
can respon and update a database.  Is this possible?  I have not been able
to get this to work because of the <% & %> brackets messing up the original
email.

--
Stephen Edge
Test Engineer

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing Web Pages as a Body in an email

Basically you want to render an ASP file and send that as the body of an
e-mail?

If that is correct you need a component to get the content. Because your
working inside ASP its not reccomended that you use the Microsoft.XMLHTTP
component which is normally used for this purpose. So if you like you can
use the attached Java class. Just pop it in the c:\winnt\java\classes folder
(or the Win9x eqivelent).

Quote:
> Usage

Dim Jvm, Fso
Set Jvm = GetObject ("java:Internet")
 Jvm.GetFile
("http://www.foo.com/bar.asp","c:\inetpub\wwwroot\foo-folder\bar.html")
Set Jvm = Nothing
Set Fso = CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
 MsgBox Fso.OpenTextFile ("c:\inetpub\wwwroot\foo-folder\bar.html", 1,
False).ReadAll
Set Fso = Nothing
<

--
Dominic

Quote:
> I want to pass another web page as the body of an email so that the
recipent
> can respon and update a database.  Is this possible?  I have not been able
> to get this to work because of the <% & %> brackets messing up the
original
> email.

> --
> Stephen Edge
> Test Engineer

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. pass a form from web page to web page

2. pass a form from web page to web page

3. Passing variables from one web page to another web page using JavaScript

4. How the send the page in the body of the email

5. Using the mailto: how can I include the current page in the body of the email

6. Sending html page as Email Body

7. Newbie Emailing text file into body of Email

8. passing variable argument list from web page to web service (is it possible)

9. Pass username and pass to web page...

10. 3D Characters Read and Speak Email/Web Pages in 11 different Languages

11. Help needed email from a CD-based WEB page - will pay

12. SEND WEB PAGE VIA EMAIL