Frontpage install scripts
Author Message
 Frontpage install scripts

I had an asp script running that would install frontpage.
The script uses the object "aspexec" to execute fpsrvadm.exe.
The page runs under an admin account.
Since installing service pack 1 for windows 2000 server the script no longer
executes properly.
It returns the error "The server instance specified was not found"

I have installed Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions SR1.2 and it has
not helped.

I have also tried using "cold fusion", which operates under a system account
to execute a vbs through cscript with the same results.

I also get the same results using the pages in the admisapi folder.

I can type in the exact same command at the command prompt and it will
execute properly, however if the domain has a host header name of
"domain.COM" and I type in "domain.com" I get the error. I need to type it
in the exact way it appears in the host header name or it will not execute.

Any help with getting around this is appreciated.
I don't mind it being case sensitive, I just need my scripts working again.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. frontpage install script

2. frontpage install script

3. creating web folder through VB without Frontpage being installed on the machine

4. Identifying if FrontPage Extensions are Installed in IIS programmatically

5. This brings down IE, FrontPage, Script Editor ?????

6. A Script for Frontpage:

7. Frontpage Script Wizard

8. Customising a FrontPage form using script

9. Frontpage 2k caused script error

10. run frontpage from script ???

11. Scripting frontpage (server side)

12. Problems Installing Windows Script 5.0 and Windows Script Host 2.0 Beta on Windows NT 4.0