Send E-mail
Author Message
 Send E-mail

Hi All

How do I go about sending and e-mail from a web page...I would like the body
of the message to contain the contents of a text box on the page.  Any
assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Send E-mail
gee... that's a terribly general question!

if you make two pages, an "input" page and a "send" page you could use
CDONTS which is pretty easy...

here's a basic rundown, hope this helps...

-----------------------------------------------INPUT.HTM--------------------
--------------------------
<form method=post action=send.asp>
  <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="TO" SIZE=30>
  <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="SUBJECT" SIZE=30>
  <TEXTAREA ROWS="2" COLS="20" NAME="MESSAGE"></TEXTAREA>
  <input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit">
</form>

------------------------------------------------SEND.ASP--------------------
--------------------------

strTo = request("TO")

strSubject = request("SUBJECT")
strMessage = request("MESSAGE")

Set cdoNTSMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")

 cdoNTSMail.From = strFrom
 cdoNTSMail.To = strTo
 cdoNTSMail.Cc = strCc
 cdoNTSMail.Subject = strSubject
 cdoNTSMail.Body = strMessage

 cdoNTSMail.Send

 Set cdoNTSMail = Nothing

Quote:
> Hi All

> How do I go about sending and e-mail from a web page...I would like the
body
> of the message to contain the contents of a text box on the page.  Any
> assistance would be appreciated.

> Thanks in Advance

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Send email to a mailing list

2. send email using system.web.mail

3. How do I send email regardless of mail client

4. How can i open the default mail client (without sending email)

5. Sending email to more then one email

6. Send email from Acc97 to Lotus notes email.

7. VBA Send Email with specific Email Account

8. Sending email to email address rather than that in the To: window

9. VBA - Sending email through a Specific Outlook Email Account

10. EMAIL - Sending email from app

11. How can I send email to the default email client outbox

12. Send Email to a Specific Address via Default Email Client