CreateThread
Author Message
 CreateThread

Hi there,

I wrote a function in VB that pipes the output of a child process
(created with the WINAPI32 CreateProcess function) to an edit control.
The function executes after pressing a button.

All works fine, but you can't contol the form until the process behind
the button has terminated. Therefore I would like to execute the code
behind the button in a different thread.

I managed to do this in Visual C++ using the CreateThread (kernel32.lib)
function.

Does anyone know how to solve this in VB ??

Regards,
Bart Petroons

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CreateThread

Check the 02/98 issue of VBPJ

--
Christopher G. Desany
Software Engineer

Quote:

>Hi there,

>I wrote a function in VB that pipes the output of a child process
>(created with the WINAPI32 CreateProcess function) to an edit control.
>The function executes after pressing a button.

>All works fine, but you can't contol the form until the process behind
>the button has terminated. Therefore I would like to execute the code
>behind the button in a different thread.

>I managed to do this in Visual C++ using the CreateThread (kernel32.lib)
>function.

>Does anyone know how to solve this in VB ??

>Regards,
>Bart Petroons

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA & CreateThread