using FileSystemObject FolderExists for remote driver
Author Message
 using FileSystemObject FolderExists for remote driver

The question is copied from previous Question without rely, as following..

i'm trying to test for whether or not a directory on a remote machine
exists.

i've tried a bunch of different variations on the syntax for the
FolderExists method from msdn's reference manual:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

if anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong (or if it's not supported
at all to test if a remote path exists on a network share), that'd be a
big help. below is a snippet of what i'm trying to do:

-----------------------
dim status, path

' i tried both of these, still returns false when i know it exists
'path = "\\foo\bar\some_path\"
'path = "x:\some_path"

status = ReportFolderStatus(path)
response.write status
response.end

Function ReportFolderStatus(path)
  Dim fso, msg
  Set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
  If (fso.FolderExists(path)) Then
     msg = path & " EXISTS."
  Else
     msg = path & " DOESN'T EXIST."
  End If
  ReportFolderStatus = msg
End Function

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:30:10 GMT
 using FileSystemObject FolderExists for remote driver
It's a security issue...

Q207671 - HOWTO: Accessing Network Files from IIS Applications
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q207/6/71.ASP

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> The question is copied from previous Question without rely, as following..

> i'm trying to test for whether or not a directory on a remote machine
> exists.

> i've tried a bunch of different variations on the syntax for the
> FolderExists method from msdn's reference manual:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

> if anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong (or if it's not supported
> at all to test if a remote path exists on a network share), that'd be a
> big help. below is a snippet of what i'm trying to do:

> -----------------------
> dim status, path

> ' i tried both of these, still returns false when i know it exists
> 'path = "\\foo\bar\some_path\"
> 'path = "x:\some_path"

> status = ReportFolderStatus(path)
> response.write status
> response.end

> Function ReportFolderStatus(path)
>   Dim fso, msg
>   Set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>   If (fso.FolderExists(path)) Then
>      msg = path & " EXISTS."
>   Else
>      msg = path & " DOESN'T EXIST."
>   End If
>   ReportFolderStatus = msg
> End Function

> --

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:39:35 GMT

1. Report Component w password in table

2. using FileSystemObject FolderExists for remote dir?

3. how to access remote file using FILESYSTEMOBJECT?

4. remote access on filesystemobject

5. Accessing Remote Folders via FileSystemObject

6. Remote FileSystemObject

7. FileSystemObject Write to Local Drive from Remote Host?

8. Problem with remote instance of FileSystemObject

9. Problem with remote instance of FileSystemObject

10. FileSystemObject - Remote Server and NFS

11. another remote script error -filesystemobject

12. Error 56 (under T.P3)