How do I layout HTML to set worksheet name when viewing using Excel inside IE?
Author Message
 How do I layout HTML to set worksheet name when viewing using Excel inside IE?

Hi all,

I'm trying to export data into MS Excel inside MSIE (using MS Office
integration into web browser). I succeeded in having Excel appear inside IE
but the sheet name is the actual URL. How can I layout my HTML page so that
Excel displays the sheet name I want?

Thanks for any hint/suggestion.

--

Vince C.

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:19:05 GMT
 How do I layout HTML to set worksheet name when viewing using Excel inside IE?
Hi Vince,
Don't know if this helps.

I can paste any of these into the browser's address window
    C:\myfiles\excel2k\testng2k.xls#'$fakemenu'!f8
    C:/myfiles/excel2k/testng2k.xls#'$fakemenu'!f8
    file:///C:/myfiles/excel2k/testng2k.xls#'$fakemenu'!f8
which will bring up the file and show the 3rd as the address
with cell F8 selected within sheet  $fakemenu.

The reference in an HTML file

More information on the above:
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm

Is there a webpage that describes what you are doing.

HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
My Excel Macros:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I'm trying to export data into MS Excel inside MSIE (using MS Office
> integration into web browser). I succeeded in having Excel appear inside IE
> but the sheet name is the actual URL. How can I layout my HTML page so that
> Excel displays the sheet name I want?

> Thanks for any hint/suggestion.

> --

> Vince C.

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:55:11 GMT
 How do I layout HTML to set worksheet name when viewing using Excel inside IE?
Thanks David. However it won't help. I see I have clarify what I wanted (I
was a bit too vague).

I have an ASP on which I display records from a database. I've seen how to
use Response.ContentType and Response.AddHeader() to send appropriate
headers to IE so as to load either Excel or Word to view the data. When I
send headers to launch Excel, I get the expected results (i.e. Excel is
embedded inside IE and displays the data in tabular layout inside a single
worksheet with correct column headers aso).

The only thing I cannot figure out is how I can change the worksheet name
because it shows up with the actual URL that appears in IE address bar (cut,
to fit Excel sheet name tab's maximum length, I presume). Is there a way I
can do it from HTML?

--

Vince C.

Quote:
> Hi Vince,
> Don't know if this helps.

> I can paste any of these into the browser's address window
>     C:\myfiles\excel2k\testng2k.xls#'$fakemenu'!f8
>     C:/myfiles/excel2k/testng2k.xls#'$fakemenu'!f8
>     file:///C:/myfiles/excel2k/testng2k.xls#'$fakemenu'!f8
> which will bring up the file and show the 3rd as the address
> with cell F8 selected within sheet  $fakemenu.

> The reference in an HTML file

> More information on the above:
>   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm

> Is there a webpage that describes what you are doing.

> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> My Excel Macros:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

> > Hi all,

> > I'm trying to export data into MS Excel inside MSIE (using MS Office
> > integration into web browser). I succeeded in having Excel appear inside
IE
> > but the sheet name is the actual URL. How can I layout my HTML page so
that
> > Excel displays the sheet name I want?

> > Thanks for any hint/suggestion.

> > --

> > Vince C.

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:43:12 GMT

1. datetime fields problem on ORACLE

2. Getting Excel worksheet names using DAO.

3. 32 bit connection to Informix 7?

4. chaning excel worksheet name

5. Howto list all the names of your worksheets in Excel

6. OLE: Excel worksheet without using Excel

7. How can I open Excel workbook without using Excel.Worksheet

8. using Excel Worksheet functions in VBscript

9. Converter for coverting Mac pacal to Turbo Pasal

10. Exporting Access tbl to Excel - Worksheet Names

11. How to get Excel worksheet names

12. How to get Excel worksheet name and summary information