Chaining of Scripts
Author Message
 Chaining of Scripts

Hello,

I'm using a technique I would call "VB Script chaining", it means
I'm building a script "state machine".
Under certain circumstances, a script A decides it should invoke
script B etc...

The technique I'm using is to call certain procedure in my Visual
Basic code, which should perform a cleanup and then to invoke a
new
script.

In this procedure I'm adding a new code to a script control and
then
I'm executing it. Unfortunately, I understand, I cannot use
ScriptControl.Reset, because the script A did not terminate.
It seems I have a chicken and egg problem.

Please answer the following:

1) What is a meaning of *Reset* method of the script control ?
Does
it mean all the code is discarded? What happens in case the
script
did not finish its execution ?

2) What may happen in case I'm trying to add a code twice for the
same script procedure name ? I the old code replaced by a new
one?

3) Do you know about any method of selective remove of a code?

Thanks in advance. Please answer also to my Email ,

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Chaining of scripts

2. Chaining an unknown number of lines

3. dhtml -> chaining many visual filters

4. Pipe chain for non-PS printers

5. How to code a chained list structure in VBscript, VBasic

6. Chaining console output using CScript.exe

7. Scope chain and __parent__ in JScript

8. chains of popwindow...

9. chaining macros between MS-Office applications

10. chaining macros between MS-Office (R) Applications

11. Chain of programmed forms in Outlook

12. chaining macros between MS-Office (R) applications