ID of a User
Author Message
 ID of a User

Hi all.
im trying to find a way to identify a user without using cookie for example:
if there is a few users under one ip from several computers i want to
identefy them Computer Name
or some other serial number that will be specail only for this computer.

i wanna use client side of course....
any help will be thankful.
Thanks.

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 06:42:44 GMT
 ID of a User
If you use client-side code, that user will be the only user of that code
anyway...

Ray at work

Quote:
> Hi all.
> im trying to find a way to identify a user without using cookie for
example:
> if there is a few users under one ip from several computers i want to
> identefy them Computer Name
> or some other serial number that will be specail only for this computer.

> i wanna use client side of course....
> any help will be thankful.
> Thanks.

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 03:20:29 GMT
 ID of a User
You could use the query string to maintain state or a hidden field in a form
that is always posted as you go from page to page.

You're going to need to specify something initially of course, such as IP
Address, or customer Id GUID.

Peter.

Quote:
> Hi all.
> im trying to find a way to identify a user without using cookie for
example:
> if there is a few users under one ip from several computers i want to
> identefy them Computer Name
> or some other serial number that will be specail only for this computer.

> i wanna use client side of course....
> any help will be thankful.
> Thanks.

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:51:49 GMT

1. ID of current user logged in

2. Finding the ID of the user currently logged-in on a Win 95 desktop

3. Date problem

4. SQL login ID versus user ID

5. How to get user id an user name on NT and Win95

6. User groups from user ID

7. Disabling Outlook 2000 Menu Items - Finding Control ID, IDs, ID's

8. TURBO PASCAL COMPILER INFO

9. Need EMS/XMS source.

10. TP7 and Y2K compatability

11. I have this unit for quicksort.... that got this problem.... now i post this question....

12. Windows Problem