Scripted functions within Access SQL ??
Author Message
 Scripted functions within Access SQL ??

Apologies for perhaps being slightly off-topic.

In the desktop environment it's simple to include a user-defined function
within an SQL query for Access '97. You just include the module as VB and
Access does the rest.

Is it possible, please, to mimic that in any way when the query is being
handled by a server-side Access/JET engine? I want to include the counting
of working day intervals in my queries on a hosted service where I don't
have the ability to add my own DLLs - the job needs to be 'done in code'. My
first thought was to define a function to count the working days
(straightforward enough), but then I realised there was no apparent way to
make it "available" to the Access engine.

Grateful for any suggestions on how to proceed, or even guidance as to where
to look.  - Mike -

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:30:55 GMT
 Scripted functions within Access SQL ??

Quote:

> Apologies for perhaps being slightly off-topic.

> In the desktop environment it's simple to include a user-defined function
> within an SQL query for Access '97. You just include the module as VB and
> Access does the rest.

> Is it possible, please, to mimic that in any way when the query is being
> handled by a server-side Access/JET engine? I want to include the counting
> of working day intervals in my queries on a hosted service where I don't
> have the ability to add my own DLLs - the job needs to be 'done in code'. My
> first thought was to define a function to count the working days
> (straightforward enough), but then I realised there was no apparent way to
> make it "available" to the Access engine.

> Grateful for any suggestions on how to proceed, or even guidance as to where
> to look.  - Mike -

Add the module to your Access db.

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:38:02 GMT
 Scripted functions within Access SQL ??
Mmmm. Now I feel a complete idiot (not for the first time, *grin*).
Completely unable to see the wood for the trees. I should be grateful I can
manage to tie my own shoelaces. Thank you, Tommy!
Quote:

> Add the module to your Access db.

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:06:04 GMT

1. Grid Component needed

2. How to freeze DBGrid columns

3. Update on Scroll Bar Error ?

4. Running Access Functions from within ASP

5. access vbscript functions from within dynamic content

6. Executing sql scripts on a SQL server from Access

7. Calling functions from within an SQL string ?

8. Calling a function from within an SQL string ?

9. Calling function within SQL statement

10. Function Calls within SQL statement

11. HELP! Functions within SQL query

12. Function call within SQL statement