Automatic Download
Author Message
 Automatic Download

Hello everybody,

I'd like to start a download of an excel-file out of a html-page
automatically.
The excel-file has to be downloaded via HTTP and must not open in the
browser-window, but has to be stored in a local directory.

I tried the (new ?) download-behavior of IE 5.0, see code, but that did not
run correctly. The function "onDownloadDone" was executed but the file has
not been downloaded (without error message).

Does anybody know, who to deal with it / solve the problem ?

<HTML XMLNS:IE>
<HEAD>
[...]
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
      Function onDownloadDone(s)
          Document.okForm.submit
      End Function
  </SCRIPT>
  <IE:DOWNLOAD ID="oDownload" STYLE="behavior:url(#default#download)" />
</HEAD>

GetRef('onDownloadDone')">
[...]

Thanks in advance,

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:41:39 GMT
[...]

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:41:51 GMT
 Automatic Download
Thanks, Michael !

I got it. You can only download TEXT documents.

I am still not much closer to the solution of the problem.

It's just to download an excel-file over network via HTTP or FTP, its name
doesn't matter, initiated by an user-action on the Internet Explorer 5.0,
without start of the excel-application and without use of
right-mouse-button-click and"Save Target As..."

That cannot be so difficult, can it ?

Quote:
> *Carefully* read the docs for the download behavior's

> startDownload Method

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/behaviors/reference/methods...
ownload.asp
Quote:

> especially the argument passed to the callback function...

> Try the "Show Me" example and use View Source...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> > Hello everybody,

> > I'd like to start a download of an excel-file out of a html-page
> > automatically.
> > The excel-file has to be downloaded via HTTP and must not open in the
> > browser-window, but has to be stored in a local directory.

> > I tried the (new ?) download-behavior of IE 5.0, see code, but that did
not
> > run correctly. The function "onDownloadDone" was executed but the file
has
> > not been downloaded (without error message).

> > Does anybody know, who to deal with it / solve the problem ?

> > <HTML XMLNS:IE>
> > <HEAD>
> > [...]
> > <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> >       Function onDownloadDone(s)
> >           Document.okForm.submit
> >       End Function
> >   </SCRIPT>
> >   <IE:DOWNLOAD ID="oDownload" STYLE="behavior:url(#default#download)" />
> > </HEAD>

> > GetRef('onDownloadDone')">
> > [...]

> > Thanks in advance,

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:23:44 GMT
 Automatic Download

Is there some reason an ordinary link with an
href=ftp://someftpserver/somefolder/somefile.xls won't work?

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Thanks, Michael !

> I got it. You can only download TEXT documents.

> I am still not much closer to the solution of the problem.

> It's just to download an excel-file over network via HTTP or FTP, its name
> doesn't matter, initiated by an user-action on the Internet Explorer 5.0,
> without start of the excel-application and without use of
> right-mouse-button-click and"Save Target As..."

> That cannot be so difficult, can it ?

> > *Carefully* read the docs for the download behavior's

> > startDownload Method

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/behaviors/reference/methods...

> ownload.asp

> > especially the argument passed to the callback function...

> > Try the "Show Me" example and use View Source...

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > --

> > > Hello everybody,

> > > I'd like to start a download of an excel-file out of a html-page
> > > automatically.
> > > The excel-file has to be downloaded via HTTP and must not open in the
> > > browser-window, but has to be stored in a local directory.

> > > I tried the (new ?) download-behavior of IE 5.0, see code, but that
did
> not
> > > run correctly. The function "onDownloadDone" was executed but the file
> has
> > > not been downloaded (without error message).

> > > Does anybody know, who to deal with it / solve the problem ?

> > > <HTML XMLNS:IE>
> > > <HEAD>
> > > [...]
> > > <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> > >       Function onDownloadDone(s)
> > >           Document.okForm.submit
> > >       End Function
> > >   </SCRIPT>
> > >   <IE:DOWNLOAD ID="oDownload" STYLE="behavior:url(#default#download)"
/>
> > > </HEAD>

'../download/sheet.xls',

> > > GetRef('onDownloadDone')">
> > > [...]

> > > Thanks in advance,

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:59:26 GMT

1. Automatic download without the dialog box - possible??

2. Internet Explorer Automatic Download of CSV File

3. Automatic Download and Print from a WebPage

4. Automatic download of attachments

5. Automatic download of Active X (vb5.0)

6. How make an application that automatic downloads

7. "automatic download"-activex used by dialers

8. Automatic download without the dialog box - possible??

9. Automatic downloads using FTP

10. Automatic download of ActiveX Controls to client? HELP!!!