Need command to start application
Author Message
 Need command to start application

I am trying to get VB to start Autocad and then open up a specific drawing.
 The problem is that I don't know the VB command that I should use.
Could someone give me an idea??

Thanks,

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need command to start application
Check the docs for the Shell() function.  You can give a path to the
executable followed by the path to the file.  An alternative is to use the
API function ShellExecute which takes a file path and launches the
associated executable.

In the future I would suggest posting your message in the appropriate VB
group rather than the VBScript group.  You will always get better response.

HTH,

Ted White
Intelesoft

Quote:

>I am trying to get VB to start Autocad and then open up a specific drawing.
> The problem is that I don't know the VB command that I should use.
>Could someone give me an idea??

>Thanks,

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. sending start command to an application

2. Starting VB application without Shell command

3. Starting VB application without Shell command

4. Starting VB application without Shell command

5. Need help controlling/managing applications started with SHELL()

6. Macro not starting when starting word 97 with /m command

7. Start application when another starts

8. Determining the height of the start bar / fitting applications around start bar

9. Starting application on Windows start

10. Starting application on Windows start

11. Passing values into and out of Command Line application *and* command line prompt in vbscript

12. Scripting command line applications & Command Line Prompting