ASCII value od extended characters same from DOS
Author Message
 ASCII value od extended characters same from DOS

Special character "?"
under dos the ASC("?") the value is 165
under windows (xp, me) ASC("?") the alue is 209

I  want to be able to obtain the same value (165).  A software in DOS stores
a value in a database encrypted using ASCII values, therefore to me is NOT
important to show the same character but to obtain the same ASC value for
any extended character.

How can I accomplish this?

Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:42:30 GMT
 ASCII value od extended characters same from DOS
Special character "?"
under dos the ASC("?") the value is 165
under windows (xp, me) ASC("?") the alue is 209

I  want to be able to obtain the same value (165).  A software in DOS stores
a value in a database encrypted using ASCII values, therefore to me is NOT
important to show the same character but to obtain the same ASC value for
any extended character.

How can I accomplish this?

Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:52:22 GMT

1. Database-Change All Records

2. Extended Ascii characters / symbols

3. Reading Extended ASCII character filenames in VB5

4. Extended ASCII Characters

5. ASCII Extended Characters

6. Reading Extended ASCII character filenames in VB5

7. Extended ASCII Characters

8. Integer values in the BDE

9. DBCombo Problem?

10. ibm extended ascii characters/ line graphics

11. Extended ASCII characters: How to print?

12. passing an extended character to a dos box