ActiveX Control Install - HELP?
Author Message
 ActiveX Control Install - HELP?

i recently purchased a Verisign Class 3 certificate for our company.  i just
need to know, how do i go about creating a SIGNED cab file to put out on the
Internet for Internet Explorer?

can someone tell me all the steps?  when i bought the class 3, i got an SPC
and PVK file downloaded.  any help would be great

thanks
mike

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX Control Install - HELP?

Basically, here is how to sign:

signcode -spc <file.spc> -v <file.pvk> -n "<Control Name>" -i "<Company
URL>" -$ commercial -t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll
<file.cab>

CodeSign tools:
http://www.microsoft.com/gallery/tools/authenticode/codesign.exe

Check also out this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/components/downcode.asp

--
Regards,
Andrew Nosenko,

i recently purchased a Verisign Class 3 certificate for our company.  i just
need to know, how do i go about creating a SIGNED cab file to put out on the
Internet for Internet Explorer?

can someone tell me all the steps?  when i bought the class 3, i got an SPC
and PVK file downloaded.  any help would be great

thanks
mike

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Install activex control from local maschine

2. Determining Installed Plugins and ActiveX Controls for IE

3. Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript

4. detection of currently installed ActiveX controls via jscript

5. Viewing Installed ActiveX Controls

6. Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript

7. Refs on checking whether ActiveX controls are installed?

8. ActiveX Control Container for VBCCE5 ActiveX Controls!?

9. Trouble Installing an ActiveX control (MSINET.OCX)

10. Install ActiveX Control

11. Avoiding reboot when installing ActiveX control

12. clientside activeX control wants to reboot the system after install