Trying to pass a Variant Array of Doubles to ActiveX from HTML
Author Message
 Trying to pass a Variant Array of Doubles to ActiveX from HTML

I have an ActiveX component which expects a small 3D
Variant Array of Doubles (VT_ARRAY|VT_R8) to be passed to
it. I'd like to be able to generate the array inside a
VBScript, sadly when I do this the ActiveX component seems
to receive a reference to a variant (VT_BYREF|VT_VARIANT).

Is there any way I can generate the correct data format
(i.e. VT_ARRAY|VT_R8) from VBScript?

Thanks

  DoesntWork.html
< 1K Download

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:03:56 GMT
 Trying to pass a Variant Array of Doubles to ActiveX from HTML
Q165967 - PRB: Script Error Occurs When Referencing Non-variant Array
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q165/9/67.ASP

Q218454 - HOWTO: Implement Array Arguments in Visual C++ COM Objects for Active Server Pages
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q218/4/54.ASP

Q217114 - HOWTO: Implement Array Arguments in Visual Basic COM Objects for Active Server Pages
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q217/1/14.ASP

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I have an ActiveX component which expects a small 3D
> Variant Array of Doubles (VT_ARRAY|VT_R8) to be passed to
> it. I'd like to be able to generate the array inside a
> VBScript, sadly when I do this the ActiveX component seems
> to receive a reference to a variant (VT_BYREF|VT_VARIANT).

> Is there any way I can generate the correct data format
> (i.e. VT_ARRAY|VT_R8) from VBScript?

> Thanks

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 05:22:02 GMT
 Trying to pass a Variant Array of Doubles to ActiveX from HTML
Thanks, Michael, for that...
I'll start playing! :)

Quote:

Quote:
>> I have an ActiveX component which expects a small 3D
>> Variant Array of Doubles (VT_ARRAY|VT_R8) to be passed
>> it. I'd like to be able to generate the array inside a
>> VBScript, sadly when I do this the ActiveX component
seems
>> to receive a reference to a variant

(VT_BYREF|VT_VARIANT).
Quote:

>> Is there any way I can generate the correct data format
>> (i.e. VT_ARRAY|VT_R8) from VBScript?

>> Thanks

>.

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:57:39 GMT

1. using Sprites

2. Passing a Variant 2D array of Double to C from Basic via ATL

3. EM_.... messages description ???

4. Passing an Array of Variants to an ActiveX control

5. How to pass Variant Array to VB ActiveX DLL from a VC++ application

6. Array to Variant and Variant to array problem

7. converting Array to Variant and Variant to Array

8. Passing a variant to a methos in an ActiveX object

9. Source code formatter

10. PLEASE HELP!! Need good scaling component!

11. C++ ActiveX Property returns VARIANT Array of BSTR for VBScript or JavaScript

12. Passing variant containing byte array