Any good articles on WSH?
Author Message
 Any good articles on WSH?

I'm having a little problem turning my .asp into.vbs

Here is some sample code,

Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set CreatedFile = FSO.CreateTextFile("C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SimpCust.csv",
true)

I'm getting the following Windows Script Host error 'Object Required:
Server'

Can you not create server objects in WS.
If anyone can help or knows of some good articles please let me know.

(Everything works fine in ASP)

Thanks
-------------------------------
Craig Alexander
Island Tel Advanced Solutions

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good articles on WSH?
You have to be running in the context of IIS to use the Server object. WSH
uses just CreateObject() instead (but it can't create ASP intrinsics)

--

-Dirk

[FUNCky Support Team]
[dLESKO Inc.]

 <-- Got FUNCky? Get it now at http://www.funcky.com. FUNCky Rocks! -->

| I'm having a little problem turning my .asp into.vbs
|
| Here is some sample code,
|
| Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
| Set CreatedFile = FSO.CreateTextFile("C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SimpCust.csv",
| true)
|
| I'm getting the following Windows Script Host error 'Object Required:
| Server'
|
| Can you not create server objects in WS.
| If anyone can help or knows of some good articles please let me know.
|
| (Everything works fine in ASP)
|
| Thanks
| -------------------------------
| Craig Alexander
| Island Tel Advanced Solutions

Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good articles on WSH?
You need to chance the Server.Createobject to wscript.CreateObject

Set FSO = wscript.CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set CreatedFile =
FSO.CreateTextFile("C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SimpCust.csv",true)

Quote:
>I'm having a little problem turning my .asp into.vbs

>Here is some sample code,

>Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
>Set CreatedFile = FSO.CreateTextFile("C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SimpCust.csv",
>true)

>I'm getting the following Windows Script Host error 'Object Required:
>Server'

>Can you not create server objects in WS.
>If anyone can help or knows of some good articles please let me know.

>(Everything works fine in ASP)

>Thanks
>-------------------------------
>Craig Alexander
>Island Tel Advanced Solutions

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good articles on WSH?
Please don't post large attachments.  Links to the documentation downloads would have been
sufficient.

Your 654K of attachments resulted in a post of 876K.  You probably upset quite a few  people with
slower dialup connections and or limited hard disk space...

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

Quote:
> I'm having a little problem turning my .asp into.vbs

> Here is some sample code,

> Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set CreatedFile = FSO.CreateTextFile("C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SimpCust.csv",
> true)

> I'm getting the following Windows Script Host error 'Object Required:
> Server'

> Can you not create server objects in WS.
> If anyone can help or knows of some good articles please let me know.

> (Everything works fine in ASP)

> Thanks
> -------------------------------
> Craig Alexander
> Island Tel Advanced Solutions

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good articles on WSH?
To Rodney Scott :

due to the fact that you have post a so large attachment, I must exclude you
in Outlook Express.
If you have real interresting things to say about the subject of this group
and want to be read by other people that have done the same thing than me
and who are more valuable than me, change you e-mail adress in OE.

For large post, you can always open a Web page to a free provider and
suggest your larges files on this page.

I personnaly post here one message per mounth because, generally, when I ask
me a question I find the answer when I read older messages ... I just
perform a search in OE.
You are here on a group on wich you find people with real knowledge about
wath they speak about ... so rare that I implore you to respect that.

<friendly>

That was my monthly post :)

Jean

Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Any good articles on WSH?
 I do apologize.  I sometimes take for granted the speed that I connect at
and forget that there are slower connection.  I know I would be upset if I
were connecting from my home with a modem.  Once again I apologize, and will
take into account your suggestion when posting.

Rodney Scott

Quote:
> Please don't post large attachments.  Links to the documentation downloads
would have been
> sufficient.

> Your 654K of attachments resulted in a post of 876K.  You probably upset

quite a few  people with
Quote:
> slower dialup connections and or limited hard disk space...

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

> > I'm having a little problem turning my .asp into.vbs

> > Here is some sample code,

> > Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
> > Set CreatedFile = FSO.CreateTextFile("C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SimpCust.csv",
> > true)

> > I'm getting the following Windows Script Host error 'Object Required:
> > Server'

> > Can you not create server objects in WS.
> > If anyone can help or knows of some good articles please let me know.

> > (Everything works fine in ASP)

> > Thanks
> > -------------------------------
> > Craig Alexander
> > Island Tel Advanced Solutions

Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Internet Developer article on WSH 2 by Dino Esposito

2. Latest Knowledge Base article on WSH 2

3. WSH Security article

4. Good articles on using .NET controls in VB6

5. ? Which article is the best in 1996 ?

6. New Article. Good Programming Techniques in Visual Basic

7. Help: Any good books/articles on building OCX using VC4

8. New Article. Good Programming Techniques in Visual Basic

9. Good source code, articles and tutorials...

10. MSFT Article ID: Q299633 does not work with example of Article Q299635

11. WSH calls VBA or VBA calls WSH

12. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH