HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS
Author Message
 HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS

I have been reading about Visual Basics 6 and am interested in learning
how to do all this,ok.I bought a sams teach yourself vb6 in 24 hrs book.
comes with cd.working model only. To use the cd It says I have to have a
learning or standard edition on my computer. They prefer professonal ed.
My question is how do I find out if I have VBA Installed on my computer?
All I can find out is the visual basics in word 97. I guess this is an
intergrated version.Will this work with my teaching edition? Or will I
have to install a complete learning,standard or whatever?
I am new at this and was hoping someone could help me out before I open
the cd.that came with the book.
Oh and also I have to have the compiler to work with the examples on the
cd.
I have windows 98.Pentum 2 packard bell computer

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS
You will have to go out and buy VB6.  It is not part of the Microsoft Office
installation.

VB6 is the full language
VB for Applications is a subset of VB6
VB Script is a smaller subset of VB6

Regards,
Doug Knox
--
Visit my web site for Win95/98 Tweaks, Tips and Utilities
http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm

Quote:
> I have been reading about visual basics 6 and am interested in learning
> how to do all this,ok.I bought a sams teach yourself vb6 in 24 hrs book.
> comes with cd.working model only. To use the cd It says I have to have a
> learning or standard edition on my computer. They prefer professonal ed.
> My question is how do I find out if I have vba Installed on my computer?
> All I can find out is the visual basics in word 97. I guess this is an
> intergrated version.Will this work with my teaching edition? Or will I
> have to install a complete learning,standard or whatever?
> I am new at this and was hoping someone could help me out before I open
> the cd.that came with the book.
> Oh and also I have to have the compiler to work with the examples on the
> cd.
> I have windows 98.Pentum 2 packard bell computer

> --

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS

The Learning Edition is about $100 list and Professional Edition is around $495 list.  The Standard Edition joined the dinosaurs a couple of revs back ;-)...

--
Michael Harris

  You will have to go out and buy VB6.  It is not part of the Microsoft Office
  installation.

  VB6 is the full language
  VB for Applications is a subset of VB6
  VB Script is a smaller subset of VB6

  Regards,
  Doug Knox
  --
  Visit my web site for Win95/98 Tweaks, Tips and Utilities
  http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
  Files updated and added often

  > I have been reading about visual basics 6 and am interested in learning
  > how to do all this,ok.I bought a sams teach yourself vb6 in 24 hrs book.
  > comes with cd.working model only. To use the cd It says I have to have a
  > learning or standard edition on my computer. They prefer professonal ed.
  > My question is how do I find out if I have vba Installed on my computer?
  > All I can find out is the visual basics in word 97. I guess this is an
  > intergrated version.Will this work with my teaching edition? Or will I
  > have to install a complete learning,standard or whatever?
  > I am new at this and was hoping someone could help me out before I open
  > the cd.that came with the book.
  > Oh and also I have to have the compiler to work with the examples on the
  > cd.
  > I have windows 98.Pentum 2 packard bell computer
  >
  >
  > --

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS
The Learning Edition is just that.  A learning edition.  The Professional
Edition will have all the components and etc that MS has for VB6.  Virtually
no book with a CD will have either of these in it.  It will have code
samples that can be compiled with the retail product.  Go to your local
computer store and tell the sales person you want VB6 Learning or
Professional Edition.  You'll pay about $100 for Learning and about $495 for
Professional, but you might be able to find them on sale.....

Doug

--
Visit my web site for Win95/98 Tweaks, Tips and Utilities
http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
Files updated and added often

Quote:

> > You will have to go out and buy VB6.  It is not part of the Microsoft
> Office
> > installation.

> > VB6 is the full language
> > VB for Applications is a subset of VB6
> > VB Script is a smaller subset of VB6

> > Regards,
> > Doug Knox
> > -

> > Visit my web site for Win95/98 Tweaks, Tips and Utilities
> > http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
> > Files updated and added often

> > > I have been reading about visual basics 6 and am interested in
learning
> > > how to do all this,ok.I bought a sams teach yourself vb6 in 24 hrs
> book.
> > > comes with cd.working model only. To use the cd It says I have to have
> > > learning or standard edition on my computer. They prefer professonal
> ed.
> > > My question is how do I find out if I have vba Installed on my
> computer?
> > > All I can find out is the visual basics in word 97. I guess this is an
> > > intergrated version.Will this work with my teaching edition? Or will I
> > > have to install a complete learning,standard or whatever?
> > > I am new at this and was hoping someone could help me out before I
open
> > > the cd.that came with the book.
> > > Oh and also I have to have the compiler to work with the examples on
> the
> > > cd.
> > > I have windows 98.Pentum 2 packard bell computer

> > > --
>   Thank you Doug Knox.

> I am still a little confused,I thought I would have to buy the vb6.How do
> I know which program is the full version? For example,this vb starter kit
> said that I could get the sams teach yourself vb6 in 5 to 21 days.That it
> was the complete compiler edition and probably be the cheapest to learn
> with.I also found out you could buy these at auctions at a good price.
> There are so many.How do I know what to buy? I have even bought the step
> by step vb6 prof. ed.Thought it had everything I would need .But did not,I
> got it at an auction said it had everything.
> If I ask for learning edition .How do I know It is the full software?
> And not just a teaching ed.again.
> I have been reading up in the books but need hands on training.

> If you can please help me.   I did visit your web site,,,,,,,

> --

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS

VB6 Deluxe Learning Edition for $63.45 (plus tax/shipping) (h*ll of a price if it's not a web goof).
It's MS Press version...
http://www.provantage.com/fp_31120.htm

<snip>

Includes complete, fully functional & fully supported copy of Visual Basic 6.0 Learning Edition.
Also includes: "Learn Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Now" multimedia computer based training (CBT) CD; "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Step by Step Learning Edition;" "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Programmer's Guide;" and MSDN Developer Library on 2 CDs.

In all, a cost-effective, comprehensive, training kit with multiple ways to learn Visual Basic 6.0.

All the training and tools you need to program for Windows and the Internet.

</snip>

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

It's worth it just to qualify for a VB6 Pro upgrade price of $222.98
http://www.provantage.com/FP_37952.htm
especially since the full (non-upgrade) price is $449.93

--
Michael Harris

> [...]

  > > > --
  >   Thank you Doug Knox.
  >
  > I am still a little confused,I thought I would have to buy the vb6.How do
  > I know which program is the full version? For example,this vb starter kit
  > said that I could get the sams teach yourself vb6 in 5 to 21 days.That it
  > was the complete compiler edition and probably be the cheapest to learn
  > with.I also found out you could buy these at auctions at a good price.
  > There are so many.How do I know what to buy? I have even bought the step
  > by step vb6 prof. ed.Thought it had everything I would need .But did not,I
  > got it at an auction said it had everything.
  > If I ask for learning edition .How do I know It is the full software?
  > And not just a teaching ed.again.
  > I have been reading up in the books but need hands on training.
  >
  > If you can please help me.   I did visit your web site,,,,,,,

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS

Quote:

> You will have to go out and buy VB6.  It is not part of the Microsoft
Office
> installation.

> VB6 is the full language
> VB for Applications is a subset of VB6
> VB Script is a smaller subset of VB6

> Regards,
> Doug Knox
> -
> Visit my web site for Win95/98 Tweaks, Tips and Utilities
> http://members.xoom.com/dbknox/registry/index.htm
> Files updated and added often

> > I have been reading about visual basics 6 and am interested in learning
> > how to do all this,ok.I bought a sams teach yourself vb6 in 24 hrs
book.
> > comes with cd.working model only. To use the cd It says I have to have
> > learning or standard edition on my computer. They prefer professonal
ed.
> > My question is how do I find out if I have vba Installed on my
computer?
> > All I can find out is the visual basics in word 97. I guess this is an
> > intergrated version.Will this work with my teaching edition? Or will I
> > have to install a complete learning,standard or whatever?
> > I am new at this and was hoping someone could help me out before I open
> > the cd.that came with the book.
> > Oh and also I have to have the compiler to work with the examples on
the
> > cd.
> > I have windows 98.Pentum 2 packard bell computer

> > --

  Thank you Doug Knox.

I am still a little confused,I thought I would have to buy the vb6.How do
I know which program is the full version? For example,this vb starter kit
said that I could get the sams teach yourself vb6 in 5 to 21 days.That it
was the complete compiler edition and probably be the cheapest to learn
with.I also found out you could buy these at auctions at a good price.
There are so many.How do I know what to buy? I have even bought the step
by step vb6 prof. ed.Thought it had everything I would need .But did not,I
got it at an auction said it had everything.
If I ask for learning edition .How do I know It is the full software?
And not just a teaching ed.again.
I have been reading up in the books but need hands on training.

If you can please help me.   I did visit your web site,,,,,,,

Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS

2. software I need to use visual basics-Doug knoxk

3. software I need to use visual basics-Doug knoxk

4. How can I learn Visual Basics

5. Need to learn basics of VBA for Outlook

6. Wanting to learn Visual Basic, need help....

7. learning the basics o vbscript

8. Help Help Help i need to learn how to do fades in qbasic 4.5

9. Need help with basics of ADO

10. Learning Visual Basic Learning Edition Deluxe/Professional Edition

11. need/want to learn visual basic

12. Need some .txt files on learning Visual Basic