How to check for a string in a file using vbs
Author Message
 How to check for a string in a file using vbs

Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to check for a string, eg
"uses123" in a file using vb script? Any help will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Bambam

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:40:05 GMT
 How to check for a string in a file using vbs
You have two choices - WshShell.Run a command-line utility (find, findstr,
grep) and examine the results, or read the file and use InStr or a regular
expression to search for the string.

Windows Script Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sample.asp?url=/MSDN-FILES/027/00...

--
Examinations are formidable even to the best prepared, for the greatest fool
may ask more than the wisest man can answer. -Charles Caleb Colton

=-=-=
Steve
-=-=-

Quote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know if it's possible to check for a string, eg
> "uses123" in a file using vb script? Any help will be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!

> Bambam

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:41:10 GMT

1. ADO & Unicode & MSDE

2. Longer Table / Field Names In Delphi?

3. how can I check for the version of the OS using VBS

4. Checking a check box in Word with VBS

5. Checking a check box in Word with VBS

6. Checking a check box in Word with VBS

7. Problems using SHAPE command when building Database connection string using UDL File

8. Append txt file using VBS

9. Calling a .vbs file from another vbs

10. Check file's size using javascript

11. Check if file(s) exists - using wildcards

12. Check if file(s) exists - using wildcards