Recent newsgroup/server problems
Author Message
 Recent newsgroup/server problems

I'm passing this information along (from the MS admin for the public newsgroup servers)...

Quote:

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 00:55:47 GMT
 Recent newsgroup/server problems
Hi

Yea i was wondering what was going on when i saw msg(s) posted by me
suddenly had another author :)

You can also right click on the newsgroup and select Properties->Local
File->Reset

--
Best Regards
  Vidar Petursson

 ==============================
  No matter where you go there you are
 ==============================

Quote:
> I'm passing this information along (from the MS admin for the public

newsgroup servers)...
Quote:

> > Hi All.  The msnews.microsoft.com NNTP servers are now on Win2k.  I have
> > received mail that users think the sites down or that there was a power
> > outage.  That's not the case.  NNTP keeps a stat system of all its
posts.
> > (Which OE uses).  The master/slaves have the same stat system that keeps
all
> > the posts in the correct order.

> > With the move to Win2k, the new master/slaves have a different stat
order.
> > This is way users see posts in the wrong order.  OE is getting confused
> > since its the same account.

> > How to fix the problem.  Delete that account and then add it back.  When
the
> > posts are download OE will track the new order.  Please do not connect
via
> > the old IP's.  Those boxes will be going away.  The new boxes are behind
> > WLBS.

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 01:39:56 GMT

1. Recent newsgroup/server problems

2. Recent newsgroup/server problems

3. Recent newsgroup/server problems

4. Most recent control from web server.

5. How Do Microsoft Newsgroup Servers Work?

6. how to find java server page's newsgroup

7. Do you know server building newsgroup?

8. Where is the best MS Newsgroup for Active Server Pages

9. Where Is The Active Server Pages Newsgroup?

10. Help Needed on project server 2002 (I know this out of scope for this newsgroup)

11. Is There A NewsGroup On SQL Server

12. any another newsgroup server ?