Direct ASP query results to Excel?
Author Message
 Direct ASP query results to Excel?

Yes, absolutely, but with warnings..
<%response.contenttype = "application/vnd.ms-excel"%>
for a dynamically built page:
    IE4 & Excel 97    Worked as expected
    IE5 & Excel 97    Worked as expected
    IE5 & Excel 2000    Unreliable results - (Read broken)

All static pages worked as expected

I used a page that I had built for an intranet reporting system to test this out on the different configurations listed.
I thought that my code was at first suspect, but after reviewing it with a few colleagues, we determined that there must be some difference in Excel 2000 that precludes it from getting a dynamically built table/asp file.

If anyone else might know something about this, then please let me know.  I would hate to give my users something and then tell them it won't work with their new Office Suite.....

Carl Brothers

  I'd like to send the query results from an ASP page to an Excel worksheet (to be viewed in IE).  Is there a way to do this by setting the META tag properties?  other options?

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Direct ASP query results to Excel?

Hi Carl, that's exactly what i'm looking for.  I plan to test this with office 2k.  if i have the same problems, i might get ms support involved.  i'll let you know.

thanks!

Brian

[...]

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Direct ASP query results to Excel?
Carl

I have the same problem.  I have posted the same question in other
groups and will post if I get an answer

Frank

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Export Database Query Results to Excel?

2. How to write an asp script storing the result from a query in a CSV text

3. How to write an asp script storing the result from a query in a CSV text

4. Need help with printing results from an SQL query in ASP VBScript

5. Query works fine in Enterprise Manager, no results from asp

6. Modules: setting a variable in memory to the results of a query (EXCEL AUTOMATION)

7. !!!! Help with Posting Query results into Excel template with Off95 Pro

8. Exporting queries results from Access to Excel

9. Saving query results to excel

10. I want to save results of a query in excel format

11. Access Query result to Excel using ADO

12. Send MS SQL Query results to Excel Spreadsheet using VB