can vbscript display a user's files in the browser?
Author Message
 can vbscript display a user's files in the browser?

I'm working on an ftp tool to be used internally at my company.  I will
use filesystemobject to display a list of files on the server.  But what
I don't know, and would like to find out, is if there is a way for
VBScript (or JavaScript, if necessary) to read files on a user's machine
through a browser.

The goal would be to display a list of local and remote files on a
single web page.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks for your
help.

Colette

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:23:22 GMT
 can vbscript display a user's files in the browser?

Modifiy your users IE secuirity so you can use the FSO via your Intranet.

--
Dominic

Read The Docs? http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

Quote:
> I'm working on an ftp tool to be used internally at my company.  I will
> use filesystemobject to display a list of files on the server.  But what
> I don't know, and would like to find out, is if there is a way for
> VBScript (or JavaScript, if necessary) to read files on a user's machine
> through a browser.

> The goal would be to display a list of local and remote files on a
> single web page.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks for your
> help.

> Colette

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 02:10:26 GMT
 can vbscript display a user's files in the browser?

Or develop this as an HTA (HTML Application) instead and avoid the security hassles...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Modifiy your users IE secuirity so you can use the FSO via your Intranet.

> --
> Dominic

> Read The Docs? http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

> > I'm working on an ftp tool to be used internally at my company.  I will
> > use filesystemobject to display a list of files on the server.  But what
> > I don't know, and would like to find out, is if there is a way for
> > VBScript (or JavaScript, if necessary) to read files on a user's machine
> > through a browser.

> > The goal would be to display a list of local and remote files on a
> > single web page.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  Thanks for your
> > help.

> > Colette

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:38:15 GMT

1. Display logged on user on bottom bar of browser

2. listing user's display name and domain

3. determining the user's browser

4. how to detect user's next url in browser

5. Load image from file in my ASP to display to the browser

6. ASP Load image from file to display in browser

7. Browser Displays old data from known MIME tyep file

8. GS5.93: PDF file created with FrameMaker/Distiller for Power Mac doesn't display

9. GS 4.03 - Can display EPS file, but can't convert it to TIFF

10. GSview3.53 (WfW) don't display .ps files

11. Can't display PDF files with Aladdin gs3.53

12. Can't display file using gs261 - /undefinedfilename error - but which f