Close MSIE 5 browser ?
Author Message
 Close MSIE 5 browser ?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to close the MSIE 5 browser without getting prompted ?
I know that if I open the window using Window.Open, it closes without the
prompt.  How can I close the window without the prompt and not using the
window.open command to first open the window.  I have lots of web pages that
are nearly impossible to close easily and cannot use the window.open
function.

Any suggestions are most welcomed.
Steve

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Close MSIE 5 browser ?
You can't, it's a security feature...

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

Hi,

Does anyone know how to close the MSIE 5 browser without getting prompted ?
I know that if I open the window using Window.Open, it closes without the
prompt.  How can I close the window without the prompt and not using the
window.open command to first open the window.  I have lots of web pages that
are nearly impossible to close easily and cannot use the window.open
function.

Any suggestions are most welcomed.
Steve

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Close MSIE 5 browser ?

Will this security feature be removed from future releases ?  I am curious
to know what is being secured by prompting the user ?

Thanx
Steve

Quote:
> You can't, it's a security feature...

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone know how to close the MSIE 5 browser without getting prompted
?
> I know that if I open the window using Window.Open, it closes without the
> prompt.  How can I close the window without the prompt and not using the
> window.open command to first open the window.  I have lots of web pages
that
> are nearly impossible to close easily and cannot use the window.open
> function.

> Any suggestions are most welcomed.
> Steve

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Close MSIE 5 browser ?
I seriously doubt it.  The idea behind this, I think, is that the user is
supposed to be in control of whether or not the browser is open, not others.

steve

Quote:

> Will this security feature be removed from future releases ?  I am curious
> to know what is being secured by prompting the user ?

> Thanx
> Steve

> > You can't, it's a security feature...

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > MVP Scripting

> > Hi,

> > Does anyone know how to close the MSIE 5 browser without getting
prompted
> ?
> > I know that if I open the window using Window.Open, it closes without
the
> > prompt.  How can I close the window without the prompt and not using the
> > window.open command to first open the window.  I have lots of web pages
> that
> > are nearly impossible to close easily and cannot use the window.open
> > function.

> > Any suggestions are most welcomed.
> > Steve

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Distruibution Rights to MSIE Browser Control (SHDOCVW.DLL)

2. MSIE Control Pack / VB Web Browser

3. Reading browser preferences in MSIE

4. server side browser close?

5. Confirm closing IE browser

6. close browser after the user clicks a link

7. how to prevent the user from closing the browser window

8. detect the close event of browser??

9. Detecting when user has closed the browser

10. Browser closes without warning

11. Closing of Browser??

12. deteting closing of browser window