A newbie
Author Message
 A newbie

Hi there

I'm a newbie at VBScripting......and I was wondering. can programm in VB
6.......does that mean I can make vbscripts work on a website?

And more important........do Vbscripts work on all platforms (Win
3.1/3.11/95/98/NT) Mac, Linux  etc.

And can you make Vbscripts in Visual Studio?

Please help me out

Thanx in advance!!!!!!

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A newbie
Hi Skippo,

VB and VBScript are very similar but there are differences so you can't just
copy between them, the best thing to do is to get a look on the ms web site
for the actual code www.microsoft.com/scripting (This re-directs you
somewhere else)

Quote:
> Hi there

> I'm a newbie at VBscripting......and I was wondering. can programm in VB
> 6.......does that mean I can make vbscripts work on a website?

> And more important........do Vbscripts work on all platforms (Win
> 3.1/3.11/95/98/NT) Mac, Linux  etc.

No it will only run on Windows platforms (I'm not 100% if it will work in
win 3.x though)

Quote:

> And can you make Vbscripts in Visual Studio?

Not really, one tool is good is called Microsoft Script Editor and comes
with Office 2000

Quote:

> Please help me out

> Thanx in advance!!!!!!

Hope it has helped,

Ed

(Remove nospam and spaces)

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ***NEWBIE ALERT***NEWBIE ALERT***NEWBIE ALERT***

2. <newbie>HELP!</newbie>

3. <newbie>Help! v2</newbie>

4. Newbie:export to Excel

5. Newbie requires help with IsMissing() function

6. Newbie wants to Learning VBA

7. newbie: a startup module

8. newbie: Access error handling

9. Newbie: DAO delete records

10. Newbie: Dim for database

11. Access97 VBA newbie question

12. Newbie: How to set txt box to be visible, with option from combo list