Newbie so be gentle
Author Message
 Newbie so be gentle

Hello follow developers
Hmmm were do i begin,
I have wrote an ASP application which works fine on my local intranet.
Within my app i am access an MBD file where i have natrually put in a path
when opening it ie"C:\date\main.mdb".
First issue is when trying to ftp my asp pages to my web server so it's now
on the net, nothing happens, you can't see my pages although the ftp was
succesfull. Now i've thought about this and could it be because my first
page has to be called index.asp instead of home.asp as it is at the moment?.
Secondly, just wondering that when in my code where i open the MBD file
should i not remove the path and ftp the MDB to same place as the asp pages
sit therefore it will lokk in the same directory firstly if no path is
given.

Please help

Y.Mahmood,  Portech Systems

Web:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Voice: +44 (0)121 624 2626
Fax: +44 (0)121 624 0550

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie so be gentle
Every ISP has their own rule about naming of default documents.  If yours says
the default doc. must be named 'index.xxx' then you should change the name of
your file to 'index.asp'.  This only applies if you want people to be able to
access the page by typing 'http://home.isp.net/user', without specifying a page
name.  You should still be able to reach the page now if you specify the name
explicitly,'http://home.isp.net/home.asp'.

For the Access database, you can put it in the same directory and refer to it
using just the file name.

Good Luck!

Gary

Quote:

> Hello follow developers
> Hmmm were do i begin,
> I have wrote an ASP application which works fine on my local intranet.
> Within my app i am access an MBD file where i have natrually put in a path
> when opening it ie"C:\date\main.mdb".
> First issue is when trying to ftp my asp pages to my web server so it's now
> on the net, nothing happens, you can't see my pages although the ftp was
> succesfull. Now i've thought about this and could it be because my first
> page has to be called index.asp instead of home.asp as it is at the moment?.
> Secondly, just wondering that when in my code where i open the MBD file
> should i not remove the path and ftp the MDB to same place as the asp pages
> sit therefore it will lokk in the same directory firstly if no path is
> given.

> Please help

> --
> Y.Mahmood,  Portech Systems

> Web:  http://www.portech.co.uk
> Voice: +44 (0)121 624 2626
> Fax: +44 (0)121 624 0550

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbie - what am I doing wrong?

2. silly newbie question i am sure

3. What am I doin wrong..newbie needs help...

4. Be gentle with me

5. A Kinder Gentler Image Control

6. Kindly, gentle ActiveX registration

7. I am Newbie , Please Help

8. EASY QUESTION but i am a newbie

9. Help Me please, I am a newbie

10. Today I am a newbie

11. Help Please! I am a Newbie :P

12. I am a VB newbie, looking for good manual