CreateObject with Excel
Author Message
 CreateObject with Excel

I am trying to create a dynamic Excel sheet, and have used the following
line:

Set ExcelFace = CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")

But when I execute the page, I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object: 'Excel.Sheet'

Microsoft says this is because the necessary dlls are missing (Q194801) -
but what dlls are required for this object?  Would Excel not be a standard
component of IIS?

Any help/guidance will be gratefully received!

tom.

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:23:29 GMT
 CreateObject with Excel
Q257757 - INFO: Considerations for Server-Side Automation of Office
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q257/7/57.ASP

Microsoft does support server side Office automation...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I am trying to create a dynamic Excel sheet, and have used the following
> line:

> Set ExcelFace = CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")

> But when I execute the page, I get the following error:

> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
> ActiveX component can't create object: 'Excel.Sheet'

> Microsoft says this is because the necessary dlls are missing (Q194801) -
> but what dlls are required for this object?  Would Excel not be a standard
> component of IIS?

> Any help/guidance will be gratefully received!

> tom.

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 05:18:33 GMT
 CreateObject with Excel
Thank you for that - looks like I will look in a different direction! ....
Streaming to an RTF file looks the most promising ...

That page is now bookmarked!

Cheers,

tom.

Q257757 - INFO: Considerations for Server-Side Automation of Office
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q257/7/57.ASP

Microsoft does support server side Office automation...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I am trying to create a dynamic Excel sheet, and have used the following
> line:

> Set ExcelFace = CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")

> But when I execute the page, I get the following error:

> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
> ActiveX component can't create object: 'Excel.Sheet'

> Microsoft says this is because the necessary dlls are missing (Q194801) -
> but what dlls are required for this object?  Would Excel not be a standard
> component of IIS?

> Any help/guidance will be gratefully received!

> tom.

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:50:32 GMT

1. Modifying database table structure

2. keeping dbgrid columns the same with different

3. Pls Help!! New user's problem with .TPU, BGI and Include files

4. Searching for tpserio.zip

5. Redistribute Database Explorer

6. MD5 and DES

7. win31.tpu needed

8. One last Question!

9. Problem with Subqueries with parameters in Delpi

10. CreateObject("Excel.Sheet")

11. CreateObject("Excel.Application") Error

12. CreateObject("Excel.Application")