IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location
Author Message
 IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location

Am sure this is an easy one, and we must be doing something stupid.

We have an HTML page loaded within an IE-Explorer Bar, and what we
want is the URL of the page loaded in the main browser window.  We can
easily set the location using the TARGET="_main", but when we do
things like

var a = parant.location.href;

We can't seem to read it back.  Any advice on this?

Thanks

Alan

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location

"We have an HTML page loaded within an IE-Explorer Bar,..."

Maybe it's just me, but what's "an IE-Explorer Bar"?  You've posted this same question lots of times and no one has ever replied...

--
Michael Harris
MVP - Windows Script

Am sure this is an easy one, and we must be doing something stupid.

We have an HTML page loaded within an IE-Explorer Bar, and what we
want is the URL of the page loaded in the main browser window.  We can
easily set the location using the TARGET="_main", but when we do
things like

var a = parant.location.href;

We can't seem to read it back.  Any advice on this?

Thanks

Alan

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location
This is answering the Post from Michael asking what an IE-Explorer bar
is.  You posted HTML and I can't read it.  Sorry.

An IE-Bar is a control that you install after IE, and it docks on your
browser window somewhere.  For example, the SEARCH is a prime example
of what an IE-bar can do.  You can turn it off via the toolbar, menu
and right-hand-mouse click menu.

It *should* operate like a normal HTML frame, however it doesn't quite
obey those laws as its not technically a frame.

Does anyone know where we could try for assistance?

Thanks

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location

Creating Custom Explorer Bars, Tool Bands, and Desk Bands
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Bands.htm#ch_she...

Maybe this will help?

--
Michael Harris
MVP - Windows Script

This is answering the Post from Michael asking what an IE-Explorer bar
is.  You posted HTML and I can't read it.  Sorry.

An IE-Bar is a control that you install after IE, and it docks on your
browser window somewhere.  For example, the SEARCH is a prime example
of what an IE-bar can do.  You can turn it off via the toolbar, menu
and right-hand-mouse click menu.

It *should* operate like a normal HTML frame, however it doesn't quite
obey those laws as its not technically a frame.

Does anyone know where we could try for assistance?

Thanks

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location

2. document.location or window.location Question

3. How to modify IE location bar

4. Grab IE Address Bar url

5. Removing Navigation Bar and Location Bar

6. IE4 crashes when I use window.location.href=url in onUnload

7. Get url from _main window, from Search Bar

8. Quick Question on Menu Bar and MS Flexgrid

9. Quick question - status bars

10. Showing Command Bars for Word Document in IE window

11. How to hide the location (URL) bar of IE?

12. window.open(url, new_name) can break cookies in IE 5.5