Remote Data
Author Message
 Remote Data

      :  I am using data binding for controls on a form. One snag I've hit
is when I want to pull the data from one table and store it to another (e.g.
pull a default shipping address from the customer table and store it into
the invoice table -- any changes the user makes to the address should only
be stored to the invoice record, not the customer master record.)

      I know in this instance I should not bind the controls... unless they
are bound to the invoice table and primed with the data from the customer
table.

      The problem I'm having is: How do I reference the fields in my remote
table (using client-side VBScript)? I've tried all of these but am always
told that the object does not support the property:
      myRS("fieldname")
      myRS.fieldname
      myRS.fields("fieldname")
      myRS.fields("fieldname").value
      myRS.fields(1)
      myRS.fields(1).value
      myRS.item("fieldname")
      myRS.item("fieldname").value
      myRS.fields.item("fieldname")
      myRS.fields.item("fieldname").value

      I'm out of ideas. Little help?

      Also if you could point in the direction of a good RDS command
reference, I'd appreciate it. (My MSDN disk is AWOL.)

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. New data control based on Remote Data Service

2. Assigning Null Values to data bound fields using remote data control

3. Data Control vs Remote Data Control (for Axx95 and VB4/32 Enterprise)

4. Binding Data Control to remote data source.

5. Update data by remote data control

6. New data control based on Remote Data Service

7. data control and remote data control

8. New data control based on Remote Data Service

9. data control and remote data control

10. New data control based on Remote Data Service

11. Is Remote Data Object(RDO) & Remote Data Control(RDC) bundled with VB5.0 Prof. Edition

12. VB.Net remote data access(linux)