how to add seconds?
Author Message
 how to add seconds?

Hi:

I want a variable filled with a value equal to "now" plus 20 seconds.
How to do it?

Please, be explicit as I am a newbie

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to add seconds?
First, don't cross post. I'm sure groups like ActiveX Programming and Active
Server Pages (ASP) don't want to deal with such trivial questions from
someone who doesn't know common curtosy.

Now that I'm done with the tongue lashing, your answer
Look in the Help file under DateAdd (I would tell you more, but learning the
help system is vital)

Greywolf Ghost

Quote:
>Hi:

>I want a variable filled with a value equal to "now" plus 20 seconds.
>How to do it?

>Please, be explicit as I am a newbie

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to add seconds?
Hi Jonathan:

Sorry for the unpoliteness, but the DateAdd function is not available in
VBScript. Don't know how to solve that inconvenience. I'd be glad to receive
help.

Quote:
>First, don't cross post. I'm sure groups like ActiveX Programming and
Active
>Server Pages (ASP) don't want to deal with such trivial questions from
>someone who doesn't know common curtosy.

>Now that I'm done with the tongue lashing, your answer
>Look in the Help file under DateAdd (I would tell you more, but learning
the
>help system is vital)

>Greywolf Ghost

>>Hi:

>>I want a variable filled with a value equal to "now" plus 20 seconds.
>>How to do it?

>>Please, be explicit as I am a newbie

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to add seconds?
Please do not crosspost ..... you don't need to post this in all the groups
to find an answer.

Dim datTime As Date
Dim intSeconds As Integer

intSeconds=20
datTime = DateAdd("s", intSeconds, Now)

Bye,

Alberto.

Quote:

>Hi:

>I want a variable filled with a value equal to "now" plus 20 seconds.
>How to do it?

>Please, be explicit as I am a newbie

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to add seconds?
    Well.... That's certain a surprise, since I'm quite sure I'm using it on
several of my VBS ASP pages.  What gave you the idea that it's not available
in VBS??

--
Truth,
   James [MVP]

Quote:

>Sorry for the unpoliteness, but the DateAdd function is not available in
>VBScript. Don't know how to solve that inconvenience. I'd be glad to
receive
>help.

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Key error (why?) adding second record to table

2. When adding second menu item to custom menu it appears greyed out

3. urgent:adding seconds to time(hh:mm:ss)

4. Adding a second back-slash wherever there's a back-slash

5. adding a second email address to a recipient in exchange 5.5

6. Adding second gateway

7. convert seconds in minute and seconds

8. Adding minutes and seconds

9. Adding a second Exchange mailbox to a MAPI profile in VB code

10. add a second page - HELP!

11. adding a second page to a document

12. VB 5.0 Copy Error Adds 2 Seconds to time Stamp