Want To Run Excel and Access as ActiveX Objects Without Seeing Wa rning
Author Message
 Want To Run Excel and Access as ActiveX Objects Without Seeing Wa rning

I have created an HTML page with two buttons.  One uses Createobject to
Load an Excel and the other the same to open an Access application.
This is for use in an Oultok Digital Dashboard.

They work fine BUT I get a message the first time warning me about
"Unsafe ActiveX controls" etc.

I have spent an extraordinary amount of time searching this issue out
and have discovered that the issue must be that these apps need to be
"licensed" using the lpk_tool.exe file.  This is cool (if a nuisance) -
BUT - neither Access nor Excel show up as ActiveX objects in the list.

Surely there is some way to make these products "Safe" and preferrably
in a way that doesn't require me to "touch" each users computer (or even
worse their Registry).

Thanx in advance.

Dick Moffat

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Want To Run Excel and Access as ActiveX Objects Without Seeing Wa rning
rename your page with the extension .hta and you should be ok.

Dominic Marks

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tutor wanted Perth WA

2. Using Excel object without installing Excel?

3. Running excel add-in (added into excel - not access) in Access VBA

4. Building ActiveX controls that will access activex.dll running on PWS

5. Accessing an Excel file without opening Excel

6. Running VBA code in EXcel from VB6 using EXcel Objects

7. Run MS Access report without having Access loaded?

8. Opening an excel file through a form/running excel macros through access

9. Access to Excel Automation - Release Excel Object

10. running code from Access that runs code in an excel spreadsheet

11. ActiveX will not run on computers without VB5 via IE3

12. Excel won't Run without VBA Lib Application and Timer Driver