Plug-ins check in the MSIE: how?
Author Message
 Plug-ins check in the MSIE: how?

Hello,
on my search for "plug-ins" used in the IE I found following VB-Scripts

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
On error resume next
Flash3Mode = IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.3"))
Flash4Mode = IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.4"))
DirectorMode = (IsObject(CreateObject("SWCtl.SWCtl.1")) Or
IsObject(CreateObject("Macromedia.ActiveShockwave.1")))
RealMode = IsObject(CreateObject("RealVideo.RealVideo(tm) ActiveXControl

(32-bit).1"))

Is this Script sofar correct?
Can anybody tell me  how to check the browser   for QuickTime,
RealPlayer, Beatnik, VDOLive Player and/or Acrobate plug-ins installed?

Maria

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Plug-ins check in the MSIE: how?
I've been asking the same questions and came across this at web monkey:

'Some plug-ins are undetectable. For example, there is no way to tell if
users have QuickTime on Internet Explorer. Any function you use to detect it
will come up false.'

link:
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/40/index3a_page3.html?tw=progr...

They suggest making the user indicate whether they have QuickTime at the
beginning of their visit, then storing this info in a cookie. You could then
document.write alternative versions.

Dan

----------

Quote:

> Hello,
> on my search for "plug-ins" used in the IE I found following VB-Scripts

> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> On error resume next
> Flash3Mode = IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.3"))
> Flash4Mode = IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.4"))
> DirectorMode = (IsObject(CreateObject("SWCtl.SWCtl.1")) Or
> IsObject(CreateObject("Macromedia.ActiveShockwave.1")))
> RealMode = IsObject(CreateObject("RealVideo.RealVideo(tm) ActiveXControl

> (32-bit).1"))

> Is this Script sofar correct?
> Can anybody tell me  how to check the browser   for QuickTime,
> RealPlayer, Beatnik, VDOLive Player and/or Acrobate plug-ins installed?

> Maria

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Detecting Plug-ins in MSIE

2. check for plug-ins

3. Detecting Plug-Ins with IE

4. detecting plug-ins

5. plug-ins detection.

6. Detecting Plug-Ins

7. detecting plug-ins with Mac IE?

8. Plug-ins for running Video

9. How to get the installed plug-ins with IE4

10. Free Plug-ins

11. Help required: Acrobat Plug-Ins

12. Detecting Plug-Ins with IE