Server.Transfer to ISAPI dll?
Author Message
 Server.Transfer to ISAPI dll?

the problem is in the yyy.dll generated output.....not the Server.Transfer

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.*-*-*.com/
..Offering free scripts & code snippits for everyone...

> Hi all,

> I've got an ASP page that attempts to use the Server.Transfer method to do
> server redirection to an ISAPI extension dll. The code looks like this:

> <% Session("bypassarg")=Request.Form ("bypassarg")

> Server.Transfer "/xxxx/yyyy.dll"

> %>

> I get the following error at the browser:

> The Script block lacks the close of script tag (%>).
> /xxxx/yyyy.dll, line 119

> It works fine transferring to another ASP page. Any ideas?

>     Alan

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:58:21 GMT
 Server.Transfer to ISAPI dll?
Hi all,

I've got an ASP page that attempts to use the Server.Transfer method to do
server redirection to an ISAPI extension dll. The code looks like this:

<% Session("bypassarg")=Request.Form ("bypassarg")

Server.Transfer "/xxxx/yyyy.dll"

%>

I get the following error at the browser:

The Script block lacks the close of script tag (%>).
/xxxx/yyyy.dll, line 119

It works fine transferring to another ASP page. Any ideas?

    Alan

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:39:26 GMT
 Server.Transfer to ISAPI dll?
Nope. The dll is machine code: not a script.
It almost looks like the Transfer sends the interpreter off to try to
interpret the contents of the dll as additional script.

    Alan

Quote:
> the problem is in the yyy.dll generated output.....not the Server.Transfer

> --
> Curt Christianson (Software_AT_Darkfalz.Com)
> Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
> http://www.Darkfalz.com
> ..Offering free scripts & code snippits for everyone...

> > Hi all,

> > I've got an ASP page that attempts to use the Server.Transfer method to
do
> > server redirection to an ISAPI extension dll. The code looks like this:

> > <% Session("bypassarg")=Request.Form ("bypassarg")

> > Server.Transfer "/xxxx/yyyy.dll"

> > %>

> > I get the following error at the browser:

> > The Script block lacks the close of script tag (%>).
> > /xxxx/yyyy.dll, line 119

> > It works fine transferring to another ASP page. Any ideas?

> >     Alan

Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:28:34 GMT
 Server.Transfer to ISAPI dll?
what is the DLL "outputting" though......

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.Darkfalz.com
..Offering free scripts & code snippits for everyone...

> Nope. The dll is machine code: not a script.
> It almost looks like the Transfer sends the interpreter off to try to
> interpret the contents of the dll as additional script.

>     Alan

> > the problem is in the yyy.dll generated output.....not the
Server.Transfer

> > --
> > Curt Christianson (Software_AT_Darkfalz.Com)
> > Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
> > http://www.Darkfalz.com
> > ..Offering free scripts & code snippits for everyone...

> > > Hi all,

> > > I've got an ASP page that attempts to use the Server.Transfer method
> do
> > > server redirection to an ISAPI extension dll. The code looks like
this:

> > > <% Session("bypassarg")=Request.Form ("bypassarg")

> > > Server.Transfer "/xxxx/yyyy.dll"

> > > %>

> > > I get the following error at the browser:

> > > The Script block lacks the close of script tag (%>).
> > > /xxxx/yyyy.dll, line 119

> > > It works fine transferring to another ASP page. Any ideas?

> > >     Alan

Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:14:01 GMT
 Server.Transfer to ISAPI dll?

Quote:

> Nope. The dll is machine code: not a script.
> It almost looks like the Transfer sends the interpreter off to try to
> interpret the contents of the dll as additional script.

Well the Server.Transfer method documentation does state:

"The transfer method sends all of the information that has been assembled for processing by one .asp file to a second .asp file."

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:49:30 GMT

1. How to delete record without prompt message?

2. ISAPI FTP transfer corrupts file

3. Delphi database ontwikkelaars gezocht

4. Help, textbox

5. Access to an ISAPI dll

6. Exec ISAPI DLL from ASP (SSI command exec ?)

7. ISAPI server extensions

8. ** HTTP - VB Web Server Project - ISAPI **

9. Using ISAPI and Visual Interdev WWW Server?

10. REDIRECTION USING ISAPI EXTENSION THROWS SERVER ERROR

11. ISAPI et DLL

12. ISAPI, OLEISAPI2.DLL