email from vbscript or jscript
Author Message
 email from vbscript or jscript

I'm fairly new to html scripting,. can someone please tell me how to
create a mail form, email the contents, and save some of the data in
either VBScript or JavaScript?

Wed, 05 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 email from vbscript or jscript
I have to disagree, as you can submit forms via Email on Internet Explorer

Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 email from vbscript or jscript

Quote:

>I'm fairly new to html scripting,. can someone please tell me how to
>create a mail form, email the contents, and save some of the data in
>either VBScript or JavaScript?

Well, using VBScript means you are stuck with Internet Explorer (until
Netscape or someone else decides to support it...), but Internet Explorer
(at least up to version 4) can't submit forms via e-mail, so you are wasting
your time.

Sorry for the bad new :-(

Internet Explorer 5 may support e-mail submission of forms, but I don't
know.

Peter

--
Peter Torr, Developer / Webmaster          Vantage Systems Australia.

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 email from vbscript or jscript

Quote:

>I have to disagree, as you can submit forms via Email on Internet Explorer

I stand corrected - I just tried it in IE and it worked! But, you must
specify method="post" - if you use "get", or omit the method altogether, IE
will create the mail but not actually put the form data in it.

This must have been where I was going wrong in the past. Funny because I am
*sure* there was a thread on one of the W3C mailing lists that said IE 4
wouldn't do it (IE 3 definitely doesn't), but I can't find it now.

That being said, you don't actually need any script. You can create your
form like this:

    Bla: <input type="text" name="bla"><br>
    Foo: <input type="text" name="foo"><br>
    <input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

You will receive an e-mail message with an attachment that will contain the
values entered by the user, but it will be in an encoded format.

My apologies for the mis-information...

Peter

--
Peter Torr, Developer / Webmaster          Vantage Systems Australia.

Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Invoking Spell Ckecker from VBScript/Jscript

2. Vbscript class in jscript page (ASP)

3. Progamming between VBScript & JScript

4. calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????

5. calling vbscript function from jscript

6. VBScript/JScript Challange.

7. VBScript of JScript??

8. VBScript vs. JScript

9. vbscript and jscript

10. Refreshing Page through Jscript or VBScript

11. Hiding toolbar/statusbar, etc from vbscript or jscript

12. How to use a variable from a JScript in a VBScript in the same asp file