Help: problem passing variable between client/server scripts
Author Message
 Help: problem passing variable between client/server scripts

I have this script that processes data on the server.  I want it to
navigate to a new URL and send along a little information.  Since
there is no form in the script, I have explicitly tacked the data onto
the querystring.  It looks something like this:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="Server">
here="newPage.asp?name=" & name
GoTo here
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
Sub GoTo(url)
        navigate url
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

(I created the GoTo subroutine because the name variable, which holds
a value from earlier in my server side script, was not giving me that
value in my client side script.)

My problem can be interpreted in many different ways.  "GoTo" isn't
being recognized as a subroutine, and I don't know why.  On the other
hand, if I could get my "name" variable to retain its value into the
client side script, I could do away with the subroutine entirely. Does
anyone have a proposed solution to this dilemma?

Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:36:22 GMT

1. Help: problem passing variable between client/server scripts

2. Saving Binary Files

3. Printer fonts and QuickReport. HELP!!! HELP!!!

4. DOEVENTS, how to (like inVB4.0)

5. Pass client script variable to server script variable

6. Urgent : Passing variables from client script to server side

7. tpu2obj

8. sample source codes

9. Assigning Client Script Variables to Application level variables inside of a Client Script

10. Passing variable between client and server

11. Passing Variables from Server to Client

12. Passing variables from server-side to client-side