Remote Debugging An Inproc Server
Author Message
 Remote Debugging An Inproc Server

Is there any  way to remotely Debug a Visual C++ COM Component (in-proc DLL)
running in a process?   Basically I want to attach to a remote process, but
all I see in Visual Studio when I select attach to process are the processes
on my machine, and I can't select any remote processes.  My component runs
in InetInfo.exe (IIS 4.0) on a Windows NT Server machine with Service pack
3.  I am using Visual Studio 6.0.  I am trying to not have to install the
development environment on the IIS Server, which is the only way I know of
to debug DLL's (by using attach to process).

TIA,
Scott

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote Debugging An Inproc Server
Instead of trying to explain all of the steps in a post, I recommend reading
Debugging Remote Applications in VC++ Help.  It takes a few minutes to setup
it up the first time, but it works great.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/isapi/msdnlib.idc?theURL=/library/devprods/...
+/vccore/_core_debugging_remote_applications.htm

John

Quote:

>Is there any  way to remotely Debug a Visual C++ COM Component (in-proc
DLL)
>running in a process?   Basically I want to attach to a remote process, but
>all I see in Visual Studio when I select attach to process are the
processes
>on my machine, and I can't select any remote processes.  My component runs
>in InetInfo.exe (IIS 4.0) on a Windows NT Server machine with Service pack
>3.  I am using Visual Studio 6.0.  I am trying to not have to install the
>development environment on the IIS Server, which is the only way I know of
>to debug DLL's (by using attach to process).

>TIA,
>Scott

Wed, 29 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote Debugging An Inproc Server
On the same topic, is there a way to attach to running processes on a remote
machine. I couldn't figure out how to do this.

Quote:

+
>+/vccore/_core_debugging_remote_applications.htm

>John

>>Is there any  way to remotely Debug a Visual C++ COM Component (in-proc
>DLL)
>>running in a process?   Basically I want to attach to a remote process,
but
>>all I see in Visual Studio when I select attach to process are the
>processes
>>on my machine, and I can't select any remote processes.  My component runs
>>in InetInfo.exe (IIS 4.0) on a Windows NT Server machine with Service pack
>>3.  I am using Visual Studio 6.0.  I am trying to not have to install the
>>development environment on the IIS Server, which is the only way I know of
>>to debug DLL's (by using attach to process).

>>TIA,
>>Scott

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Starting an inproc server as a local server using a DLL Surrogate

2. Cannot remote debug COM+ server app

3. Cannot remote debug COM+ server app

4. How to remote debug a system service and its com server?(VC6++ debugger)

5. Remote debug over network with no server

6. Basic questions about CLSCTX enum, inproc and out-of-proc servers

7. registering ATL inproc server

8. InProc Server (Marshalling problem)

9. problem with CreateThread in the InProc server.

10. Inproc Server loading Java HotSpot DLL

11. Registering in the ROT an ActiveX object implemented in an inproc server

12. * export enums from ATL inproc server to clients