First-chance exception in third-party DLL
Author Message
 First-chance exception in third-party DLL

I am trying to use a third-party DLL to communication with a PCI I/O board in an
ActiveX control I am developing using Visual C++ 6.0 (SP 4) on Windows NT/2000.
I don't have access to the source code and unfortunately the creators of this DLL
are unable to solve my problem which is as follows:

When I include my ActiveX control in an application that I am also developing I
get the following error message about 19 out of 20 times when I try to compile,
link, and run my application in the de{*filter*}:

BEGIN MESSAGE:
First-chance exception in myapplication.exe (3rdparty.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access
Violation.
CoCreateInstance of OLE control {7BD6EB29-4D51-4256-9922-21A977B4048D} failed.

Quote:
>>> Result code: 0x80040154
>>> Is the control is properly registered?

Warning: CreateDlgControls failed during dialog init.
The thread 0x17C has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '<program executable>' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
END MESSAGE:

I know the ActiveX control itself successfully registers as the application runs
fine outside of the de{*filter*} and when I compile my activeX control it shows the
following messages in the build window:

BEGIN BUILD WINDOW:
--------------------Configuration: myactivex - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
Compiling...
myactivex.cpp
myactivexCtl.cpp
myactivexPpg.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
   Creating library Debug/myactivex.lib and object Debug/myactivex.exp
Registering ActiveX Control...
RegSvr32: DllRegisterServer in .\Debug\myactivex.ocx succeeded.

myactivex.ocx - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
END BUILD WINDOW

Also, if I include the "failing" third-party DLL in a regular MFC application
(just for testing purposes), it works fine everytime.  Also, my ActiveX control
doesn't give any errors when I use it in a Visual Basic application.

So, is there a way to ignore this exception message and prevent it from
displaying?  Is there something I could be doing wrong in my ActiveX control that
could be causing this to happen (although I am using other third-party DLLs and
they work fine)?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 First-chance exception in third-party DLL
I am trying to use a third-party DLL to communication with a PCI I/O board in an
ActiveX control I am developing using Visual C++ 6.0 (SP 4) on Windows NT/2000.
I don't have access to the source code and unfortunately the creators of this DLL
are unable to solve my problem which is as follows:

When I include my ActiveX control in an application that I am also developing I
get the following error message about 19 out of 20 times when I try to compile,
link, and run my application in the de{*filter*}:

BEGIN MESSAGE:
First-chance exception in myapplication.exe (3rdparty.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access
Violation.
CoCreateInstance of OLE control {7BD6EB29-4D51-4256-9922-21A977B4048D} failed.

Quote:
>>> Result code: 0x80040154
>>> Is the control is properly registered?

Warning: CreateDlgControls failed during dialog init.
The thread 0x17C has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '<program executable>' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
END MESSAGE:

I know the ActiveX control itself successfully registers as the application runs
fine outside of the de{*filter*} and when I compile my activeX control it shows the
following messages in the build window:

BEGIN BUILD WINDOW:
--------------------Configuration: myactivex - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
Compiling...
myactivex.cpp
myactivexCtl.cpp
myactivexPpg.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
   Creating library Debug/myactivex.lib and object Debug/myactivex.exp
Registering ActiveX Control...
RegSvr32: DllRegisterServer in .\Debug\myactivex.ocx succeeded.

myactivex.ocx - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
END BUILD WINDOW

Also, if I include the "failing" third-party DLL in a regular MFC application
(just for testing purposes), it works fine everytime.  Also, my ActiveX control
doesn't give any errors when I use it in a Visual Basic application.

So, is there a way to ignore this exception message and prevent it from
displaying?  Is there something I could be doing wrong in my ActiveX control that
could be causing this to happen (although I am using other third-party DLLs and
they work fine)?

Thanks in advance,

Wlodek Czeczot

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 First-chance exception in third-party DLL
I think that the problem is in your application
(i understand that it is a dialog based application..)

did you call void AfxEnableControlContainer( )...??
make sure your dialog resource file is correct
(maybe recreate it)

maybe the dll need some info which you dont supply
and the control creation process depends on successfull dll
initialization...?

assuming the guid:7BD6EB29-4D51-4256-9922-21A977B4048D}
is your control's guid,you cant ignore it sorry....

tomer dror

I am trying to use a third-party DLL to communication with a PCI I/O board
in an
ActiveX control I am developing using Visual C++ 6.0 (SP 4) on Windows
NT/2000.
I don't have access to the source code and unfortunately the creators of
this DLL
are unable to solve my problem which is as follows:

When I include my ActiveX control in an application that I am also
developing I
get the following error message about 19 out of 20 times when I try to
compile,
link, and run my application in the de{*filter*}:

BEGIN MESSAGE:
First-chance exception in myapplication.exe (3rdparty.DLL): 0xC0000005:
Access
Violation.
CoCreateInstance of OLE control {7BD6EB29-4D51-4256-9922-21A977B4048D}
failed.

Quote:
>>> Result code: 0x80040154
>>> Is the control is properly registered?

Warning: CreateDlgControls failed during dialog init.
The thread 0x17C has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '<program executable>' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
END MESSAGE:

I know the ActiveX control itself successfully registers as the application
runs
fine outside of the de{*filter*} and when I compile my activeX control it shows
the
following messages in the build window:

BEGIN BUILD WINDOW:
--------------------Configuration: myactivex - Win32
Debug--------------------
Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
Compiling...
myactivex.cpp
myactivexCtl.cpp
myactivexPpg.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
   Creating library Debug/myactivex.lib and object Debug/myactivex.exp
Registering ActiveX Control...
RegSvr32: DllRegisterServer in .\Debug\myactivex.ocx succeeded.

myactivex.ocx - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
END BUILD WINDOW

Also, if I include the "failing" third-party DLL in a regular MFC
application
(just for testing purposes), it works fine everytime.  Also, my ActiveX
control
doesn't give any errors when I use it in a Visual Basic application.

So, is there a way to ignore this exception message and prevent it from
displaying?  Is there something I could be doing wrong in my ActiveX control
that
could be causing this to happen (although I am using other third-party DLLs
and
they work fine)?

Thanks in advance,

Wlodek Czeczot

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. First-chance exception in third-party DLL

2. Error: First-chance exception in (KERNEL32.DLL) 0x80010108 (no name)

3. Windows CE URLMON.DLL First-chance exception

4. First-chance exception in xxxxxxxx.exe (KERNEL32.DLL)

5. urgent-First chance exception in iexplore.exe (ntdll.dll)-invalid handle

6. First-chance exception in IEXPLORE.EXE (SHLWAPI.DLL)

7. First-chance exception (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363

8. First-chance exception in NTDLL.DLL

9. First Chance Exception in NTDLL.DLL

10. HELP: First-chance exception in exe (KERNEL32.DLL)

11. First-chance exception in MSDEV.EXE (MFC42D.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

12. First-chance exception with dll and exe