How to debug a atl com dll used by VB dll which is again used by an ASp page
Author Message
 How to debug a atl com dll used by VB dll which is again used by an ASp page

I have  a ATL COM dll which is used by a VB dll.
Now this Vb dll is used by a ASP page.
How can I debug my ATL COM dll if it is giving problem in ASP page.

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:15:28 GMT
 How to debug a atl com dll used by VB dll which is again used by an ASp page

There are two ways. I don't know about ASP. Just in case the solution may be
suitable for u...

In ur VC code wherever u want to debug use DebugBreak statements. While
running ur application if DebugBreak occurs, u will be shown a message box
as if the application crashed. And if u choose cancel, it will take u to the
code where u used debugbreak. U can proceed with ur debugging.

The other way since u mentioned VB..The VC and VB de{*filter*}s can work
together. In ur VC project settings give ur VB6.exe as the executable for
debug session. Go. This will fire VB. Open ur VB project. U can continue
debugging VB dll as usual (adding startup std exe project, etc.) Put break
points in ur c++ code and when ever that particular code it will break in vc
de{*filter*} for u.

Hope this helps!
Ragu

Quote:
> I have  a ATL COM dll which is used by a VB dll.
> Now this Vb dll is used by a ASP page.
> How can I debug my ATL COM dll if it is giving problem in ASP page.

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:06:58 GMT

1. Debug ATL COM object Used in ASP

2. Debugging ATL COM objects called from asp pages

3. Help debugging an atl com in asp page?

4. COM DLL used with ASP

5. Problem in using VB Activex dll in Atl service

6. Debugging a VC dll used in VB exe

7. Debugging a DLL using a VB program

8. creating a c# com dll to be used in vb 6

9. Problem using activex control inside ATL com dll

10. debugging dll from ASP pages

11. Using MFC to build a COM dll rather than ATL

12. ATL-COM DLL crashes when using STL container