clrscr(); in MSVC++ 5.0?
Author Message
 clrscr(); in MSVC++ 5.0?

Pardon the fundamental nature of this question, but can anyone tell me
what function to call in order to clear a DOS screen with MSVC?  I've
tried
clrscr(); and it doesn't work, even when I #include <conio.h>.

Thanks in advance for your help

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 clrscr(); in MSVC++ 5.0?
hi Mike.

Quote:
>what function to call in order to clear a DOS screen with MSVC?  I've

there's no such thing as a dos screen you can clear
with vc5. vc5 only targets win32 and this means the
text based window you are trying to clear is a win32
console. thus, you need to use the console api.

WM_HOPETHISHELPS
thomas woelfer
http://www.woelfer.com

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 clrscr(); in MSVC++ 5.0?
Search for 'Demonstration of the Console Functions' in the Help, Search,
Query command and you will find all needed input and output console
functions there are available. I am sure that one of them can be used to
clear the screen.

Peter Notebaert

Quote:
> Pardon the fundamental nature of this question, but can anyone tell me
> what function to call in order to clear a DOS screen with MSVC?  I've
> tried
> clrscr(); and it doesn't work, even when I #include <conio.h>.

> Thanks in advance for your help

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. clrscr(); in MSVC 5.0

2. Using MSVC 5.0 and MSVC 6.0 On One Machine

3. msvc++ 5.0 compiler optimization problem

4. MSVC CONSOLE CLRSCR() FUNCTION

5. MSVC++ 5.0/Direct X 5.0?

6. Linking bug in MSVC 5.0

7. MSVC++ 5.0 problem... (HELP)

8. Linking a DLL created with MSVC 5.0 into Delphi 2.0

9. Changes between MSVC 4.2 and 5.0

10. MSVC 5.0 defaults

11. memory dump of TIB in MSVC++ 5.0

12. Watching static variables doesnt work in MSVC 4.2 but does in 5.0