cryptoapi anomalies
Author Message
 cryptoapi anomalies

Hi,

We haven't been able to repro this specific issues.  There are two main sets
of differences that could be the issue.

The first set relates to whether you are running Debug code or Release code
in either case.  The code generated for both can be very different, and some
variables may be initialized in the "Debug" build with 0xCCCCCCCC if you
have not initialized them.

The second set relates to whether the program has been launched from the
de{*filter*}.  When launching under a de{*filter*}, the operating system uses the
debug heap.  Try using "Start without debugging" then attaching to your
process to see if that changes the behavior to be the same as when running
outside the de{*filter*}.  Running under the de{*filter*} will always change the
timing characteristics of your application so be wary of any code that is
timing critical.

Thanks,

--
John Cunningham & Robert Sanchez
Visual C++ Team

> Hello all,

>         CryptoApi encryption calls give different
> results for the same input when called from exe and called
> from under debugged program on NT. Any suggestions how to
> to overcome this problem?

> Thanks in advance
>               Marek

Sat, 21 May 2005 03:33:45 GMT
 cryptoapi anomalies
Thank you for your reply ...

     My code isn't time dependent - and the problem exists.
In practice it means for me that every data that is
encrypted in a ,,step by step de{*filter*} session'' can be
decrypted only in ,,step by step de{*filter*} session''.
I will try to separate the part of the code in which the
problem occures and will post it to the newsgroup.

Greetings
Marek

Quote:

confers no rights.

>> Hello all,

>>         CryptoApi encryption calls give different
>> results for the same input when called from exe and
called
>> from under debugged program on NT. Any suggestions how
>> to overcome this problem?

>> Thanks in advance
>>               Marek

>.

Sun, 22 May 2005 18:54:34 GMT

1. cryptoapi anomalies - heap paging

3. KeyDown consuming anomalies ?

4. ListBox Anomaly?

5. ContextMenu anomaly?...cascading menus won't popup

6. ftell anomaly

7. Possible C Anomaly

8. Possible C Anomaly

9. Multi-threaded anomalies (was some other subject)

10. Watcom C/C++ 10.0a - Anomaly?

11. SafeArrayCreate Anomaly

12. VC++ debug step-through anomaly