std::vector and autoexp once again
Author Message
 std::vector and autoexp once again

Hi,

I know that many people have asked in the past about viewing vectors in the
watch window or even in the tooltips, locals and auto views using
autoexp.dat. Apparantly, this is not an easy task but I am hoping maybe it
would be possible by extending the de{*filter*} like with the eeaddin.dll.
The examples illustrate how to create a function for evaluating a given type
but how do you go about doing it for vectors? There are two problems, as I
see it: 1) I want the [] operater resolved - the example does not perform
any such action and 2) the type of the vector should be interpreted
afterwards as the type it actually has, not just a pointer.
Can anybody help me? I would really, really like to be able to debug my
vectors like arrays.

Thank you.

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:35:07 GMT
 std::vector and autoexp once again
In the watch window is easy, if a bit inconvenient. You just have to type
in myvec._First,10 (or whatever the name of the pointer to the allocated
memory is - it changes from VC++ 6.0 to 7.0) where 10 is the number
of items you want displayed.

To see the number of items in the vector, type:
myvec._Last-myvec._First

> Hi,

> I know that many people have asked in the past about viewing vectors in
the
> watch window or even in the tooltips, locals and auto views using
> autoexp.dat. Apparantly, this is not an easy task but I am hoping maybe it
> would be possible by extending the de{*filter*} like with the eeaddin.dll.
> The examples illustrate how to create a function for evaluating a given
type
> but how do you go about doing it for vectors? There are two problems, as I
> see it: 1) I want the [] operater resolved - the example does not perform
> any such action and 2) the type of the vector should be interpreted
> afterwards as the type it actually has, not just a pointer.
> Can anybody help me? I would really, really like to be able to debug my
> vectors like arrays.

> Thank you.

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 02:00:39 GMT

1. vector and autoexp.dat once again..

2. bug: VS7.0 (6.0) C++ std::auto_ptr conflict with std::vector

3. Warnings for std::vector<std::string>

4. export classes using std namespace (ex std::vector) in a DLL

5. typedef std::vector<std::string> Vector_String

6. std::list, std::vector, push_back() and associated ::iterator validity

7. BUG: autoexp.dat is wrong for std:basic_string

8. BUG: autoexp.dat is wrong for std:basic_string

9. Editing AUTOEXP.DAT to handle vector

10. Once again ATL Server

11. audio in c# once again

12. float division (once again)