help! VC++ debugger freezes after breakpoint.
Author Message
 help! VC++ debugger freezes after breakpoint.

I have basically switched from a Pentium 3 system to an AMD system.

I installed everything from scratch.  I have verified the problem in VC++ 6
without service packs, service pack 4 and 5.

I basically create a small COM DLL, I add a function to it.  I then create a
small VB exe that calls the function (e.g., on form_Click event).

If I put a breakpoint inside the function, VC++ will stop without a problem.

However, if I press F5 (run) it will freeze along with the application.

This is a pretty basic debugging feature that won't work.

Any ideas?
Ofer.

Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:25:58 GMT
 help! VC++ debugger freezes after breakpoint.
Is this on Win9x perchance?

Quote:
> If I put a breakpoint inside the function, VC++ will stop without a
problem.

> However, if I press F5 (run) it will freeze along with the application.

> This is a pretty basic debugging feature that won't work.

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:11:54 GMT
 help! VC++ debugger freezes after breakpoint.
Nope.

VC++ 6 sp 4 (5 also exhibits same behavior) running under Windows 2000
professional (SP2).

Quote:
> Is this on Win9x perchance?

> > If I put a breakpoint inside the function, VC++ will stop without a
> problem.

> > However, if I press F5 (run) it will freeze along with the application.

> > This is a pretty basic debugging feature that won't work.

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:33:03 GMT

1. HELP: VC++ 4.0 Debugger wont accept data breakpoints

2. Read/write access breakpoints with vc debugger ?

3. VC++ 4.0: Debugger not stopping at breakpoints...

4. VC++ 4.0 debugger does not stop at breakpoint

5. VC++ 5.0 Debugger skipping breakpoints

6. VS IDE freezing when I debug an application with debugger running

7. Debugger freezes during stepping through code

8. Help: VC++ fail to use breakpoints

9. Turbo Debugger breakpoints

10. Bug in IDE/Debugger regarding breakpoints (VC2003)

11. Cannot set breakpoints in the debugger

12. Debugger barfs on template breakpoints