Debugging
Author Message
 Debugging

Can anyone recommend one or more good books on using the vc de{*filter*} or better yet windbg?

Thanks

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:41:44 GMT
 Debugging
Hi,

You can take a look at the following book:

Debugging Windows Programs : Strategies, Tools, and Techniques for Visual
C++ Programmers
ISBN 020170238X

Happy holidays!

Regards,
HuangTM

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:12:47 GMT
 Debugging
Another fantastic book about debugging in general :

    Debugging Applications
    by John Robbins
    Microsoft Press
    ISBN 0-7356-0886-5

Ragu

Quote:
> Hi,

> You can take a look at the following book:

> Debugging Windows Programs : Strategies, Tools, and Techniques for Visual
> C++ Programmers
> ISBN 020170238X

> Happy holidays!

> Regards,
> HuangTM
rights.

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:59:20 GMT
 Debugging
I second the John Robbins recommendation.

Andy

> Another fantastic book about debugging in general :

>     Debugging Applications
>     by John Robbins
>     Microsoft Press
>     ISBN 0-7356-0886-5

> Ragu

> > Hi,

> > You can take a look at the following book:

> > Debugging Windows Programs : Strategies, Tools, and Techniques for
Visual
> > C++ Programmers
> > ISBN 020170238X

> > Happy holidays!

> > Regards,
> > HuangTM
> rights.

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:30:03 GMT
 Debugging
I also agree with 'Debugging Applications'. I reference it
regularly.

Pat

Quote:

confers no rights

in message

>> Another fantastic book about debugging in general :

>>     Debugging Applications
>>     by John Robbins
>>     Microsoft Press
>>     ISBN 0-7356-0886-5

>> Ragu

in message

>> > Hi,

>> > You can take a look at the following book:

>> > Debugging Windows Programs : Strategies, Tools, and
Techniques for
>Visual
>> > C++ Programmers
>> > ISBN 020170238X

>> > Happy holidays!

>> > Regards,
>> > HuangTM
>> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no
>> rights.

>.

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:48:41 GMT
 Debugging
I'll also add my vote for the John Robbins book. That thing and its
corresponding tools has gotten me out of more trouble than I care to
remember! The little tear out cheat-sheet/quick reference card in the back
is worth its weight in gold. It, for example, gives a quick rundown of each
CPU register's task, an easy reference for setting location breakpoints,
watch window formatting and pseudoregisters. John Robbins kicks *ss!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
> I also agree with 'Debugging Applications'. I reference it
> regularly.

> Pat

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:58:57 GMT

1. debug debug

2. Advanced debugging in code (Debugging API, breakpoints)

3. Only Debug Win32 Debug Version Works

4. Helps need on adding debug info to release mode so to debug release code

5. Unicode Debug vs Debug, etc.

6. Can't find debug symbols in a debug exe

7. Debug a none MFC program with the Debug Window

8. Debug.Print vs Debug.Assert

9. Debug window not getting debug info

10. Debug window not getting debug info

11. Debugging code linked to non-debug versions of DLLs

12. Sending debug trace to a debug terminal