CFileDialog generating Kernel32 error
Author Message
 CFileDialog generating Kernel32 error

I have a weird one that I can't debug.

I am using a CFileDialog in my application.  The code has been in place for
a long time and has worked fine.  I recently reinstalled my development
machine from scratch and now the code which uses the CFileDialog crashes
when the calling function edits and the CFileDialog goes out of scope.  It
doesn't matter if I do anything with the CFileDialog.  If I just declare it
it'll crash when the function ends.

It's giving me an error at 77e873bb in Kernel32.

Any clue on how to track down what is different on my system and what's
causing the error?  My other developers don't get the error with builds they
create.

Thanks

Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:17:03 GMT
 CFileDialog generating Kernel32 error
Here are the last 2 lines of the Call Stack

KERNEL32! 77e873bb()
CFileDialog::~CFileDialog() + 56 bytes

Quote:
> I have a weird one that I can't debug.

> I am using a CFileDialog in my application.  The code has been in place
for
> a long time and has worked fine.  I recently reinstalled my development
> machine from scratch and now the code which uses the CFileDialog crashes
> when the calling function edits and the CFileDialog goes out of scope.  It
> doesn't matter if I do anything with the CFileDialog.  If I just declare
it
> it'll crash when the function ends.

> It's giving me an error at 77e873bb in Kernel32.

> Any clue on how to track down what is different on my system and what's
> causing the error?  My other developers don't get the error with builds
they
> create.

> Thanks

Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:21:18 GMT
 CFileDialog generating Kernel32 error

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 CFileDialog generating Kernel32 error
I found the problem.  Ironically it's something I dealt with earlier this
year and for the life of me it didn't trigger anything in my memory.
Thankfully a google search found the problem and solution.  I've included it
below if anyone is interested.  I'm using the #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500.

On Fri, 24 May 2002 09:05:43 -0700, "Stephen Fogarasi"

Quote:

>My MFC based program, that uses some SDK routines was working fine with the
>August 2001 SDK release, but when we loaded (all of) the November 2001 SDK,
>we consistently get a crash during the destructor call in CFileDialog.
>This problem occurs on a number of machines, all variants with the
following
>configurations :
> Does anyone have similar problems, or better yet, a solution for me ?

the only real sulution (without recompiling the MFC) is change in
..\VC98\MFC\Include\AFXDLGS.H the OPENFILENAME to somthing like this:

#ifdef _WIN32_WINNT>0x0400
OPENFILENAME_NT4  m_ofn;
#else
OPENFILENAME  m_ofn;
#endif

Quote:
> I have a weird one that I can't debug.

> I am using a CFileDialog in my application.  The code has been in place
for
> a long time and has worked fine.  I recently reinstalled my development
> machine from scratch and now the code which uses the CFileDialog crashes
> when the calling function edits and the CFileDialog goes out of scope.  It
> doesn't matter if I do anything with the CFileDialog.  If I just declare
it
> it'll crash when the function ends.

> It's giving me an error at 77e873bb in Kernel32.

> Any clue on how to track down what is different on my system and what's
> causing the error?  My other developers don't get the error with builds
they
> create.

> Thanks

Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:49:13 GMT

1. CFileDialog causes KERNEL32-exception 0xE06D7363 ???

2. Error: First-chance exception in (KERNEL32.DLL) 0x80010108 (no name)

3. KERNEL32.DLL error

4. URGENT: IsTNT kernel32.dll runtime error

5. URGENT: IsTNT kernel32.dll runtime error

6. DoModal() throws Kernel32 Access error

7. VC++ 7.0 to 7.1 Project Dependent DLLs generate LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors

8. BUG: const static __m128 generates error

9. Compile error on generated ActiveX MFC wrapper class ( VC++7, VS.NET 2002 )

10. New vs.net static library project generates LINK errors

11. compiler error while generating .dll

12. Namespaces generates linker errors