CRecordset, Open == OpenEx ??
Author Message
 CRecordset, Open == OpenEx ??

Hi,

While trying to get a piece of Database code (VC++) working, I 'discovered'
that
I could use CRecordset::Open(..) or ::OpenEx(..).

Can someone please tell me the difference between the two ?

I must have overlooked it or something, as I cant find it in the
documentation of CRecordset.
Odd thing is, is that my code does not work correctly when I use Open...
using OpenEx works perfectly.. (when using Open(..) I get a runtime error,
something to do with a (in)valid heap pointer.. identical call with
OpenEx(..) works prefect)

Someone else had this experience with Open/OpenEx ?

Thanks,
Jerry.

Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CRecordset, Open == OpenEx ??

Quote:

> Hi,

> While trying to get a piece of Database code (VC++) working, I 'discovered'
> that
> I could use CRecordset::Open(..) or ::OpenEx(..).

> Can someone please tell me the difference between the two ?

> I must have overlooked it or something, as I cant find it in the
> documentation of CRecordset.
> Odd thing is, is that my code does not work correctly when I use Open...
> using OpenEx works perfectly.. (when using Open(..) I get a runtime error,
> something to do with a (in)valid heap pointer.. identical call with
> OpenEx(..) works prefect)

> Someone else had this experience with Open/OpenEx ?

> Thanks,
> Jerry.

Different set of parameters, and most importantly--defaults. Check out
the 'load cursor lib' parameter (and be very attentive <G>.)

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CRecordset, Open == OpenEx ??

2. CRecordset, Open == OpenEx ??

3. MFC CRecordset OpenEx method produces abnormal program execution

4. HELP!!!CRecordset OpenEx failure

5. OpenDatabase, OpenEx,Open

6. OpenEx vs. Open

7. CDatabase::Open & OpenEx

8. Unable to open ODBC file dsn using OpenEx method

9. Error upon executing CRecordset::Open function

10. Problem with CRecordset.Open() with SQLSERVER

11. Problems opening CRecordset

12. CRecordSet::Open()..simple question...help