Remote debugging with VC5
Author Message
 Remote debugging with VC5

I need to use the remote debugging feature of the Visual C++ 5.0 De{*filter*}
and haven't done this before. The remote and the local machine 'run' under
Win 95.
I don' want to install the Developer Studio on the remote machine, to keep
the system 'clean'. So I copied the files (according to Q131058)
MSVCMON.EXE
MSVCRT.DLL
TLN0T.DLL
DM.DLL
MSVCP50.DLL
MSDIS100.DLL
in one directory to the remote machine.
It is possible to start MSVCMON.EXE but trying to setup or connect fails:
'TLN0T.DLL' could not be loaded. The DLL is in the same directory.
This works fine on my local machine with the Developer Studio installed.

What else do I need to do to get it running?
Are there any further traps, which can be avoided?

Thanks for help!

Eric Seiter

www.stratec-biomedical.de

Sat, 11 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote debugging with VC5
I got it running!
The problem for the error message 'unable to load 'tlnot.dll''
appearing when starting the connection with MSVCMON.EXE was probably
that the remote machine had no installed TCP/IP connection. After
setting up a network card it worked.

Eric Seiter

www.stratec-biomedical.de

Sun, 12 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote debugging with VC5
i had the same error but tlnot.dll does not found the mfc*.dll s.

Quote:
> I got it running!
> The problem for the error message 'unable to load 'tlnot.dll''
> appearing when starting the connection with MSVCMON.EXE was probably
> that the remote machine had no installed TCP/IP connection. After
> setting up a network card it worked.

> Eric Seiter

> www.stratec-biomedical.de

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC5 Remote debugging ?

2. VC5 Remote debugging ?

3. VC5 + remote debugging.

4. Remote Debugger in VC5

5. Remote debug

6. Remote debugging problem on managed C++ application.

7. Remote Debugging

8. remote debugging with visual studio .net

9. Rich-Error info lost on Attributed ATL project in remote debug config (again)

10. how to debug remote object?

11. Borland Remote Debugging

12. how to debug remote object hosted on IIS?