kernel symbol files for debugger
Author Message
 kernel symbol files for debugger

Hi,
How do I get the VC De{*filter*} to find the symbol files that I have
downloaded to match the SP of my NT system?  I can't seem to find any
option in the IDE to specify what path to use for the pdb and dbg files
for kernel and OS.

TIA,
Michel

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:57:21 GMT
 kernel symbol files for debugger

Hello,

Quote:
> How do I get the VC De{*filter*} to find the symbol files that I have

downloaded to match the SP of my NT system?

They should be located in %SystemRoot%\Symbols directory - it works for me.

HTH,
--
ChainsaW

Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:52:22 GMT
 kernel symbol files for debugger
Hi,
Can they in subdirectories off of the directory, or only _in_ the "Symbols"
directory?
Michel
Quote:

> Hello,

> > How do I get the VC De{*filter*} to find the symbol files that I have
> downloaded to match the SP of my NT system?

> They should be located in %SystemRoot%\Symbols directory - it works for me.

> HTH,
> --
> ChainsaW

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:09:02 GMT
 kernel symbol files for debugger

Hello,

  there should be several subdirectories. Refer to KB article Q138258
"Windows NT Debug Symbol Setup Information".

HTH
--
ChainsaW

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 kernel symbol files for debugger

Thanks!

Quote:

> Hello,

>   there should be several subdirectories. Refer to KB article Q138258
> "Windows NT Debug Symbol Setup Information".

> HTH
> --
> ChainsaW

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 14:36:30 GMT

1. ODBC symbol files are not loaded in the debugger

2. Some local variables hidden from debugger (Win2000 Kernel debugging)

3. Can't uninstall kernel debugger

4. Can't uninstall kernel debugger

5. DVD player dosn't like Kernel Debugger

6. Kernel Debugger

7. How do you point the VC++5 (SP3) debugger to use the win2K debugger symbols in the Winnt\Symbols directory.

8. Windows XP, system debug symbols, and VC++ Debugger

9. Debugger can't find symbols?

10. Vc++6.0 can't find debugger symbol handler

11. Debugger can't load symbols after rebase

12. HOWTO: VC++ 6.0 Debugger to See NT Symbols