debugging a control panel applet?
Author Message
 debugging a control panel applet?

I'm trying to debug a control panel applet under VC5 or 6. I've found
the "creating Win32 Control Panel Applets with Visual C++" by Nigel
Thompson very helpful, and have followed that doc's instructions to the
letter. It says if I set breakpoints, pre-load symbols for my dll, and
run control.exe, my breakpoints should be hit. This isn't happening for
me! When I Run, vc gives me the "one or more breakpoints cannot be set
and have been disabled" message.

Arrgh! How do I get this working??

Thanks -- Regards -- Andy

--
----------------------------
Andy Grover

 * I don't speak for Intel *

Sat, 09 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 debugging a control panel applet?
Andy,

    Instead of using control.exe as your executable I am using rundll32.exe.
Under project settings/debug tab set the executable to rundll32.exe and the
program arguments tab to "shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL MyApp.cpl".  Using this
I have been able to set breakpoints and debug accordingly...

I hope this helps...

    Daryn

Quote:

>I'm trying to debug a control panel applet under VC5 or 6. I've found
>the "creating Win32 Control Panel Applets with Visual C++" by Nigel
>Thompson very helpful, and have followed that doc's instructions to the
>letter. It says if I set breakpoints, pre-load symbols for my dll, and
>run control.exe, my breakpoints should be hit. This isn't happening for
>me! When I Run, vc gives me the "one or more breakpoints cannot be set
>and have been disabled" message.

>Arrgh! How do I get this working??

>Thanks -- Regards -- Andy

>--
>----------------------------
>Andy Grover
>Intel/MHPG/MTL

> * I don't speak for Intel *

Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to debug control panel applet?

2. Debugging Control Panel Applets

3. Setting Text of Edit Control in Dialog Box of Control Panel Applet

4. Simple: Control Panel Applet with C#?

5. Control Panel Applet & DialogBox

6. How to lanuch control panel applets?

7. SendMessage vs. Control Panel Applet

8. how to set focus to control panel applet if instance already exists

9. Odd Control Panel Applet failures

10. Control Panel Applet

11. Control Panel Applet Help

12. Control panel applet C source