Data breakpoints?
Author Message
 Data breakpoints?

Can anyone tell me how to put a memory read/write breakpoint on an address?
I've tried all sorts of stuff in VC's Data Breakpoint panel, like:

*((int*)0x0AEE9BAE)
0x0AEE9BAE
*BreakAddr, where BreakAddr  is a global pointer initialzed to my address,

I also tried F9 in the Memory window and the Watch window.  I'm pretty sure
Intel processors support this.

thanks,
-Wade

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Data breakpoints?
Alt-F9 -> Breakpoints,
choose Data
enter the addess of e.g. a member
(0x00842be0) into the expression
edit field and a 4 into the elements to
watch field (or larger, if using larger elements,
mine was a long value).

Oli

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. data breakpoint limits

2. data breakpoints in VC6

3. how to set data breakpoint?

4. Using registers in data breakpoints

5. HELP: VC++ 4.0 Debugger wont accept data breakpoints

6. "C# does not support Data Breakpoints"

7. advanced breakpoint on class data member?

8. The exception Breakpoint - A breakpoint has been reached question

9. Why does my breakpoint stop working?

10. Advanced debugging in code (Debugging API, breakpoints)

11. Breakpoints stop working !

12. Breakpoint are sometimes ignored