Memory Access Violation in Release Mode-Solution Found
Author Message
 Memory Access Violation in Release Mode-Solution Found

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your support for this problem. Those who dont know for them, I
have posted the message with the same subject on 30th Sept.
Thanks specially to Dan Evan and all others who helped by giving their views
on this evergreen problem. Now the solution to this problem.

The libraries project setting shd be.

1) For the Debug Mode, the compiler option has to be changed to /GZ /Od
instead of only /Od.
2) For the Release Mode, the compiler option /O2 has to be removed.

The /GZ compiler option enables run-time checks to catch the Release-Build
errors in a Debug build. It disables any #pragma optimize statements in the
code. It initializes all local variables not explicitly initialized by the
program.

Regards,

Atul

ps: Sorry Dan, but I ma posting this message to 3 message boards. I dont
know about cross posting:-)

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:16:48 GMT
 Memory Access Violation in Release Mode-Solution Found
/GZ is a very good option (catch release mode bugs in debug mode).  It also
adds the _chkesp macro (see other complaints below :)

Also, I'd recommend using optimize for size on release (/O1).  M$ builds
their binaries with this option - its better than taking a missed page hit
by keeping the working set down.

Jeff

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your support for this problem. Those who dont know for them, I
have posted the message with the same subject on 30th Sept.
Thanks specially to Dan Evan and all others who helped by giving their views
on this evergreen problem. Now the solution to this problem.

The libraries project setting should be.

1) For the Debug Mode, the compiler option has to be changed to /GZ /Od
instead of only /Od.
2) For the Release Mode, the compiler option /O2 has to be removed.

The /GZ compiler option enables run-time checks to catch the Release-Build
errors in a Debug build. It disables any #pragma optimize statements in the
code. It initializes all local variables not explicitly initialized by the
program.

Regards,

Atul

ps: Sorry Dan, but I ma posting this message to 3 message boards. I dont
know about cross posting:-)

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 10:00:34 GMT

1. Memory Access Violation in Release Mode-Solution Found

2. Memory Access Violation in Release Mode-Solution Found

3. Memory Access Violation in Release mode only

4. Memory Access Violation in Release Mode

5. Memory Access Violation in Release Mode

6. Access Violation Exception in Release mode

7. access violation in release mode

8. Access Violation in Release Mode

9. Access Violation (Partial Solution, More Questions)

10. Msdev only loads in Safe Mode (solution found)

11. Access Violation (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005 only in Debug Mode on NT and Win2k

12. Access violation in user32.dll in debug mode