'Break Execution' won't allow me to debug message box.
Author Message
 'Break Execution' won't allow me to debug message box.

Hi,

The debug symbols on the VC6 CD would not have been for WindowsXP.  Please
install these from
http://www.*-*-*.com/ #Windows%20symbol...
ages.  Also read the article
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;en-us;Q304989 to see how
these should be moved so that the de{*filter*} can find these symbols,

Thanks

--
John Cunningham & Robert Sanchez
Visual C++ Team

> I'm running VC6+SP5 on WinXP.

> When my app displays a message box I often hit 'Break
> Execution' to debug the code and see why the message box
> is being displayed.  When running under Win2k this worked
> fine although I would often have to hit 'Debug/Threads...'
> to select the thread that was displaying the window.

> Under XP, however, when I hit 'Break Execution' none of
> the threads appear to be the thread displaying the message
> box.  I.E when I select any thread and look at the call
> stack none of them show my app.

> Am I missing some debug symbols?  I installed the ones
> that come on the VC6 install CD.  Any help would be much
> appreciated.

> Thanks
> DG

Sat, 21 May 2005 03:40:00 GMT

1. 'A required resource is' message box

2. List Box activity prevents 'LButtonUp' message

3. DLLTrace won't allow breakpoints

4. ClassWizard in eVC++ 3.0 won't allow adding member variables

5. Frameset Blinking, won't allow property changes

6. 'make' woes (won't ca

7. F12 key which stops application execution in DEBUG doesn't work anymore

8. Win 2000 built OCX won't load on a WIn NT or 98 system

9. LINT won't do your debugging for you

10. Turbo Debugger - won't debug

11. debugging system dll's in win 98

12. Help: Damn vectors won't show up in debug window